- 1 Review of Bosch Freestanding Dishwasher SMS46KI03I
- 2 Video demo of Bosch Freestanding Dishwasher SMS46KI03I
- 3 An in-depth look at the features of Bosch Freestanding Dishwasher SMS46KI03I
- 4 Essential accessories for your dishwasher
- 5 Frequently asked questions
- 5.1 Can the Bosch SMS46KI03I dishwasher handle Indian utensils?
- 5.2 What do I need to run a dishwasher in India?
- 5.3 What types of dishwashers are available in India?
- 5.4 What accessories do I need for my dishwasher?
- 5.5 What is the typical water consumption of this dishwasher?
- 5.6 How is the actual energy consumption for the Bosch SMS46KI03I calculated?
Review of Bosch Freestanding Dishwasher SMS46KI03I
- SMS46KI03I dishwasher has a large 13 place setting capacity to meet the needs of a joint Indian family.
- SMS46KI03I comes with six wash programs, adjustable racks, VarioFlex-baskets, and VarioDrawer to fit all your oddly-shaped Indian utensils.
- Low power consumption and water usage.
- This dishwasher can handle the stains, oil, and masalas from the Indian kitchen.
- ‘A’ rated performance for optimum wash and ‘A’ for drying.
- SMS46KI03I dishwasher saves water, energy, money, and time. More importantly, it removes your dependency on a maid.
- Hygienic wash removes harmful germs by raising the water temperature while washing and drying.
- The SMS46KI03I requires a high-end voltage stabilizer to run during low voltage.
- Bosch’s after-sales & services and installation support needs to provide better service.
- Washing utensils made from aluminum, copper, brass, iron, and plastic in your dishwasher will cause it to stain.
- At ₹50,000+ rupees, this is one of the most expensive freestanding dishwashers in India.
Bosch freestanding dishwasher SMS46KI03I is an excellent choice for large Indian families. Having a dishwasher will remove your dependency on the maid and will reduce your household chores considerably.
Gone are those days when dishwashers could not handle tough stains from Indian cooking. The SMS46KI03I uses sensors, water temperature, internal water jets, and intelligent wash cycles to handle your dirty dishes.
For a sweet dishwasher like the SMS46KI03I, Bosch’s poor after-sales support leaves a sour taste. While the price is higher, this dishwasher will save money and time in the long run.
Video demo of Bosch Freestanding Dishwasher SMS46KI03I
An in-depth look at the features of Bosch Freestanding Dishwasher SMS46KI03I
Bosch Freestanding Dishwasher SMS46KI03I is the top of the line Bosch dishwasher. It comes with a 13 place setting, 3rd rack for additional washing space, heat exchanger for drying, and much more.
Like the Bosch SMS66GI01I, this Bosch dishwasher is made for the Indian kitchen. It can handle tough stains and dirty dishes on the Indian utensils.
Dishwashers, OTGs, and hair trimmers are becoming popular, especially during this lockdown period as social distancing being the need of the hour. This post presents an in-depth review of the Bosch Dishwasher SMS46KI03I, along with useful tips, FAQs and dishwasher buying guide to clarify your questions.
Please read our review of the best dishwashers in India to choose the best one for your home.
Features of the Bosch Freestanding Dishwasher SMS46KI03I
- Ease of use – Washing dishes will never be easier than using the Bosch Freestanding Dishwasher SMS46KI03I. It comes with six easy to use modes, foldable racks, salt refill & rinse aid indicator, dosageAssist, and 46 dB silent operations. If you have a washing machine, you will find the dishwasher to be similar.
- Capacity (13 place setting) – A place setting is the dishwasher’s capacity to hold dishes. One place setting is the space to load a dinner plate, a small plate, a saucer, a bowl, a cup, a glass, a knife, two teaspoons, and a fork. SMS46KI03I is a 13 place settings dishwasher.
- Efficiency – Dishwasher must be efficient in water usage and in energy consumption. The water usage for this home appliance is a mere 9.5 liters. A manual hand wash uses more than 30 liters of water for washing dishes.
- Wash programs – Wash programs designed for western countries will not work in India. Hence, the SMS46KI03I comes with six India specific wash programs. Auto 45-65°C, Economy, Glass, Intensive, Pre-Rinse, and Quick L.
- Half Load Option – The half load mode is useful when you have only a handful of dishes to wash. In this mode, the dishwasher uses optimum wash sensors to minimize water wastage.
- Varioflex basket system – You can fold the racks to place odd kitchen utensils such as kadhais and thawas. The Varioflex system has an adjustable upper rack.
- Bosch flexible third rack – The SMS46KI03I has an angled two-part design to give extra space inside the dishwasher. Bosch calls this adjustable upper rack design as the Rackmatic 3-stage design.
- AquaSensor and Load sensor – The aqua and load sensor uses a light beam to identify soiled dishes and sets the correct amount of water and temperature for washing.
- Intensive Zone – This mode is useful for heavy cleaning and party days. This dishwasher increases the water temperature up to 65 C to remove stains and makes your dishes sparkle.
- Express sparkle – Is for a quick wash cycle and is useful for regular cleaning (not heavy).
- Auto – The auto mode does all the work automatically. Load the dishwasher with dirty dishes and press the auto mode. The SMS46KI03I will do all the work for you.
- HydroDry hygienic – The HydroDry uses internal heat to dry the dishes. This process is hygienic because heat kills most of the germs, making your dishes safe.
- Programme Eco 50 – Is a useful mode for cleaning less-soiled tableware and is the most efficient mode of this dishwasher (less power and water consumption).
- Other settings – This dishwasher comes loaded with several other features such as DosageAssist, child lock, glass care system, anti-fingerprint surface, AquaStop, Regeneration electronics, SpeedMatic hydraulic system, and Programme Eco 50.
- Warranty – Bosch has a 10-year warranty against rust in the inner tub and a two-year warranty on the entire product.
Essential accessories for your dishwasher
Frequently asked questions
Can the Bosch SMS46KI03I dishwasher handle Indian utensils?
Yes, this dishwasher is excellent for an Indian kitchen and can handle most Indian utensils. Watch out! It would help if you did not use a utensil made from aluminum, copper, brass, iron, and plastic. Plastics can melt, and copper & brass will stain.
What do I need to run a dishwasher in India?
To run the Bosch SMS46KI03I, you will need the following items.
- Dishwasher salt – To remove hardness if you have hard water in your area. Hard water is not suitable for dishwashers.
- Dishwasher detergent/tablet – Use a good detergent for spotless cleaning.
- Dishwasher aid – Assists the drying function to remove spots when drying.
What types of dishwashers are available in India?
- Freestanding dishwasher – A freestanding dishwasher or a stand-alone dishwasher is one that you can place and relocate within your house. This type is best suited for Indian homes.
- Countertop dishwasher – This device is one that can sit on top of your kitchen counter. Countertops are small and not suitable for heavy washing.
- Built-in dishwasher – One that fits into your kitchen cabinet and is not moveable.
What accessories do I need for my dishwasher?
The following are useful accessories.
- Stand – Mount your dishwasher on a stand. Using a stand will raise the dishwasher’s height and make it easy for you to load your dirty dishes.
- Baking spray head – The baking spray head is useful for washing large items such as baking trays and grill racks from your OTG.
- Glass secure tray – Glass secure trays sit in the dishwasher baskets and fasten up to four glasses to prevent breakage while washing.
- Baby bottle clips – These clips hold all the small parts of a baby bottle, such as nipples & bottle caps, to prevent it from being tossed inside the tub.
- Bottle holder – A bottle holder will hold the bottle inside the cleaning chamber and handy to clean water bottles.
- Silver polishing cassette – You can safely wash your silverware in the dishwasher if you use a silver polishing cassette.
What is the typical water consumption of this dishwasher?
The water consumption of this dishwasher varies by the dishwasher model and each program mode. The intensive zone mode uses up to 17 liters of water. The Programme Eco 50 mode uses as little as 9.5 liters of water.
How is the actual energy consumption for the Bosch SMS46KI03I calculated?
Based on 280 standard cleaning cycles using cold water fill and the consumption of the low power modes.
Specifications of Bosch Freestanding Dishwasher SMS46KI03I
|Energy Efficiency Class||A++|
|Water consumption in programme Eco 50||11-14 litres|
|Programme time in programme Eco 50||210 min|
|Noise level||46 dB|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||84.5 x 60 x 60 cm|