- 1 Review of Bosch Freestanding Dishwasher SMS66GI01I
- 2 Video demo of Bosch SMS66GI01I Dishwasher
- 3 An in-depth look at the features of Bosch Freestanding Dishwasher SMS66GI01I
- 4 Essential accessories for your dishwasher
- 5 Frequently asked questions
Review of Bosch Freestanding Dishwasher SMS66GI01I
- SMS66GI01I dishwasher is one of the most popular models in the market.
- It comes with India specific settings such as Variospeed, AquaSensor, Intensive Kadhai, half load mode, and Express Sparkle that promise to remove any stain from your dirty dishes.
- The adjustable rack (foldable rack) makes it easy to fit oddly-shaped Indian utensils.
- SMS66GI01I dishwasher saves water, energy, and time making washing dishes fun.
- The EcoSilence Drive is silent and energy-saving.
- Hygienic wash removes harmful germs.
- It requires a voltage stabilizer to run during low voltage.
- After-sales and services need to improve.
- You cannot wash utensils such as aluminum, copper, brass, iron, and plastic. (washing will stain your vessels).
Bosch freestanding dishwasher SMS66GI01I is an excellent choice for the modern Indian kitchen. You no longer need to worry about a dishwasher’s ability to hand Indian utensils. With settings perfected for Indian utensils, this dishwasher delivers better results than a maid hand washing.
Bosch needs to sort out its after-sales network. Several buyers across India face poor installation and demo support even after spending ₹40,000 plus rupees.
Video demo of Bosch SMS66GI01I Dishwasher
An in-depth look at the features of Bosch Freestanding Dishwasher SMS66GI01I
Bosch SMS66GI01I is one of the most popular dishwashers in India. This Bosch dishwasher is made for the Indian kitchen and can handle tough stains on Indian utensils.
In this post, we present an in-depth review of the Bosch SMS66GI01I dishwasher. With lockdown and social distancing being the need of the hour, a dishwasher is not a bad choice for the Indian household.
We urge our readers to read this review fully as it includes useful tips, FAQs, dishwasher buying guide, and a lot more.
Please read our review of the best dishwashers in India to choose the best one for your home.
Features of the Bosch SMS66GI01I Dishwasher
- Ease of use – The first thing you want out of your dishwasher is ease of use. With six settings, a foldable rack, indicators for salt refill & rinse aid, and silent operations, you will find the SMS66GI01I easy to use. If you are familiar with a washing machine, you are good to go here.
- Capacity (12 place setting) – A place setting is the dishwasher’s cleaning capacity to hold dishes. One place setting is the space for a large dinner plate, a dessert plate, a saucer, a soup bowl, a coffee cup, a drinking glass, a knife, two teaspoons, a dinner fork, and a small salad fork. SMS66GI01I is a 12 place settings dishwasher.
- Efficiency – You want your dishwasher to be efficient in water usage and not increase your electricity bill. This home appliance uses only 9.5 liters of water and, in the Eco mode, uses 1.02 kWh energy.
- Wash programs – The SMS66GI01I comes with an excellent set of India specific wash programs. Auto 45-65°C, Economy, IntensivePlus, Normal Express, Pre-Rinse, and Quick wash.
- Half Load – If you have only a few dirty dishes, select the half load feature. This mode uses the least water, energy, and time to clean your utensils.
- Varioflex basket system – You can adjust the internal rack to place odd kitchen utensils. This system has an adjustable upper rack, 2x flip tines front left, 4x flip tines divided, and a variable cutlery basket.
- AquaSensor – The aqua sensor uses a light beam to sense the dishes’ stains and adjust the water usage.
- Intensive kadhai – This mode is useful for handling heavy cleaning. This dishwasher increases the water temperature up to 65 C to remove even the toughest stains from your utensil.
- Express sparkle – Is for a quick wash cycle and is useful for regular cleaning (not heavy).
- Auto – The auto mode makes use of internal load sensors to determine the level of washing needed.
- Quick wash – Quick wash is excellent if you have fewer dishes to clean.
- Other handy features – You can program this dishwasher for a delayed start. This feature is when you don’t want the wash to start immediately. EcoDrive motor ensures silent operations. This motor works without brushes for wear-free functions.
- Warranty – Bosch has a 10-year warranty against rust in the inner tub and a two-year warranty on the entire product.
Essential accessories for your dishwasher
Frequently asked questions
Can the Bosch SMS66GI01I dishwasher handle Indian utensils?
Yes, this dishwasher can handle most Indian utensils with heavy stains. However, vessels made from aluminum, copper, brass, iron, and plastic will stain if you dish wash it. Since dishwashers use hot water to remove stains and dry the utensils, you can wash plastic.
What other things do I need to run the dishwasher?
To run the Bosch freestanding dishwasher SMS66GI01I, you need the following items.
- Dishwasher salt – To remove water hardness if you have hard water in your area.
- Dishwasher detergent/tablet – Cleaning soap
- Dishwasher aid – Assists the drying function to remove spots when drying.
What is a freestanding dishwasher?
A freestanding dishwasher or a stand-alone dishwasher is one that you can place anywhere. Most Indian homes don’t have a fixed cabinet for dishwashers. A freestanding dishwasher is useful because you can move it. Other dishwashers such as
- Countertop dishwasher – One that can sit on top of your kitchen counter.
- Built-in dishwasher – One that fits into your kitchen cabinet and is not moveable.
What accessories do I need for my dishwasher?
The following are useful accessories.
- Baking spray head – Baking spray head, as the name implies, is useful for washing large items such as baking trays and grill racks from your OTG.
- Glass secure tray – Glass secure trays sit in the dishwasher baskets and hold up to four glasses securely to prevent breakage.
- Baby bottle clips – These clips hold all the small parts of a baby bottle and prevent it from being tossed.
- Bottle holder – If you are washing bottles, then having a bottle holder will help hold the bottle inside the cleaning chamber.
- Silver polishing cassette – Yes, you can safely wash silverware in the dishwasher if you use a silver polishing cassette.
What is the typical water consumption of this dishwasher?
The water consumption of this dishwasher varies by each program mode. The intensive kadhai mode uses up to 17 liters of water. Remember, this water usage is less than the average manual washing, which uses about 30 to 50 liters of water to clean soiled utensils.
Specifications of Bosch SMS66GI01I Dishwasher
|Energy consumption in programme Eco 50||1.02 kWh|
|Water consumption in programme Eco 50||13 litres|
|Noise level||52 dB|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||84.5 x 60 x 60 cm|