- 1 Review of IFB Neptune VX Plus 15 place settings freestanding dishwasher
- 2 Video demo of IFB Neptune VX Plus Dishwasher
- 3 An in-depth look at the features of IFB Neptune VX Plus Dishwasher
- 4 Essential accessories for your dishwasher
- 5 Frequently asked questions
- 5.1 What is the difference between the IFB Neptune VX and IFB Neptune VX Plus dishwasher
- 5.2 What is a place setting in a dishwasher?
- 5.3 Can the IFB Neptune VX Plus dishwasher handle Indian utensils?
- 5.4 What do I need to run a dishwasher in India?
- 5.5 What types of dishwashers are available in India?
- 5.6 What accessories do I need for the IFB Neptune VX Plus dishwasher?
- 5.7 Which is better, a freestanding dishwasher, or a countertop dishwasher?
- 5.8 Which dishwasher brands are available in India?
Review of IFB Neptune VX Plus 15 place settings freestanding dishwasher
- This machine is a 15 place settings dishwasher, sufficient for large families, easy to use, and efficient cleaning.
- It comes with eight wash programs that can deal with stubborn stains on your dishes.
- The main wash programs also have cycle options such as Extra rinse, extra dry, extra hygiene, tablet detergent, and Half load option.
- The IFB motor has low power consumption (energy efficient), silent in operation, and low water usage.
- It provides hygienic cleaning raising the water temperature to 70C.
- The IFB Neptune VX Plus dishwasher is the refreshed version of the older Neptune VX model with only minor differences. It looks like old wine in a new bottle. There are no technological improvements.
- IFB after-sales and service is poor. While the machine itself is reliable, once the warranty runs out, you are at the mercy of their service personnel.
- Watch out! Parts not covered by the warranty/AMC are expensive.
- You cannot wash utensils made from aluminum, copper, brass, iron, and plastic in this dishwasher, as it will cause these to stain.
Overall, the IFB Neptune VX Plus dishwasher strikes a nice balance between cost and features. It is a refreshed version of the older Neptune VX model. If you are keen on IFB, we recommend that you choose this dishwasher and not the VX.
This dishwasher delivers excellent results and produces reliable performance. Watch out! The after-sales support from IFB has a lot of room for improvement.
Video demo of IFB Neptune VX Plus Dishwasher
An in-depth look at the features of IFB Neptune VX Plus Dishwasher
The IFB Neptune VX Plus dishwasher is one of the most popular freestanding dishwashers from IFB. It strikes the right balance between size (15 place setting), features, and price. Please read the complete review to learn about its pros and cons.
This fully electronic dishwasher does not have the home connected features that high-end freestanding dishwashers like, LG dishwasher or Bosch dishwasher. However, it comes with all the washing cycles that you need to clean your dishes.
It has a load capacity of 15 place settings, enough for a large family. It uses
- Adjustable racks that make loading dirty dishes easy. You can adjust the racks or shift shelves to make room for odd-shaped Indian utensils.
- IFB Neptune VX Plus dishwasher has two spray arms to clean utensils in each upper rack and lower rack.
- IFB dishwasher’s motor is A++ energy rated. Also, this dishwasher has low water consumption, uses a mere 9-liters of water. You will save on your electricity and water bill.
- IFB’s Steam drying technology ensures a hygienic wash. It also removes marks, drops, or streaks to give you sparkling dishes.
All these features make this IFB dishwasher a worthy home appliance for the Indian Kitchen. Don’t make the mistake of assuming dishwashers cannot handle Indian utensils and dirty dishes. The truth is, a dishwasher delivers a cleaner and more hygienic wash than hand washing. Plus, dishwashers use less water than hand wash.
The Neptune VX Plus dishwasher will remove your dependency on the maid, reduce cost, save time, and can make any dish hygienic and safe.
We urge our readers to read this review thoroughly as it includes useful tips, FAQs, dishwasher buying guide, and a lot more.
Please read our review of the best dishwashers in India to choose the best one for your home.
Features of the IFB Neptune VX Plus Dishwasher
- Ease of use – The IFB Neptune VX Plus standalone dishwasher easy washing cycles and an elegant design. The control panel is easy to use, with all the wash cycles marked. Using this dishwasher is similar to a washing machine or a refrigerator; it is simple. Loading dirty dishes, on the other hand, is a skill that you will master over time.
- Capacity (15 place settings dishwasher) – The Neptune VX Plus has enough space to handle loads from a small kitchen. A place setting is the dishwasher’s capacity to wash dirty dishes. One place setting is the space to load a large dinner plate, a small plate, a saucer, a soup bowl, a teacup, a glass, a knife, two teaspoons, and a fork.
- Efficiency – The IFB motor is durable, energy-efficient, and quiet (49db). This dishwasher also uses less water than manual hand washing.
- Warranty – The Neptune VX Plus dishwasher comes with a two-year warranty on the entire product and eight-year spare parts support.
Adjustable racks of the IFB Neptune VX Plus dishwasher
You can adjust the top basket and lower basket to fit Indian utensils like big pans, small cups, kadhais, and thawas. The cutlery basket is also movable.
- Lower basket (folding racks) – The lower rack of the Neptune VX Plus has four parts. Each part is foldable to make room for larger utensils. Use the bottom rack for soup bowls, dishes, pots, pans, lids, and grill trays from your OTG.
- Bottle rack – The lower basket also has a bottle rack to hold your water bottles.
- Modular fork spoon basket – This IFB dishwasher has a fork-spoon basket that can split to make additional room for big pans, tall glasses, and vessels.
- Top basket (height adjustable rack) – Use the upper basket for delicate items such as cups, glassware, and small plates. You can also adjust the upper rack’s height using the height-adjustable notches. Neptune VX Plus’s top basket has three height adjustments to fit tall glasses, bottles, etc.
- Spoon rack – This dishwasher also has a spoon rack that can hold all your cutlery items. This rack has four different positions to give you flexibility.
Wash cycles of the IFB Neptune VX Plus Freestanding dishwasher
This IFB freestanding dishwasher comes with eight primary wash programs.
- Auto Intensive – This wash cycle is best suited for cooking vessels with heavy stains. In this mode, the Neptune VX Plus uses its internal sensors to determine the water temperature and cycle time.
- Auto Normal – This wash cycle is best suited for cooking utensils with lesser stains. In this mode, the Neptune VX Plus uses its internal sensors to determine the water temperature and cycle time.
- Auto Delicate – This wash cycle is best suited for delicate utensils and glassware. In this mode, the Neptune VX Plus uses its internal sensors to determine the water temperature and cycle time.
- ECO – ECO mode uses the least amount of water and power. It can handle lesser greasy utensils. This wash cycle uses 9.5 liters of water and takes about 156mins to complete.
- Quick 30 min – The Quick wash program is for a quick wash. This mode can handle lightly soiled dishes. Remember, the quick mode does not dry your dishes and uses about 10 liters of water in this mode.
- Super 55 min – Use this washing program for washing medium soiled vessels. It is best suited for washing soup, sauce, pastry, egg, rice, potato, and fried food.
- Daily – As the name implies, this mode is for daily use. It can handle moderately soiled dishes and takes 90min to complete.
- Steam drying – This IFB dishwasher uses steam to the wash cycle to improve drying performance.
- Others – This dishwasher has cycle options that you can use along with the nine main programs. They are Extra rinse, extra dry, extra hygiene, tablet detergent, and Half load option.
Essential accessories for your dishwasher
Frequently asked questions
What is the difference between the IFB Neptune VX and IFB Neptune VX Plus dishwasher
The IFB Neptune VX is an older model with 12 place settings. The Neptune VX Plus, on the other hand, is newer and has 15 place settings. Due to its large size, the Neptune VX Plus has two water spray arms and an additional water shower. Neptune VX Plus also has an extra 8-year spare part support. We recommend that you choose the VX Plus as the cost difference is only marginal.
What is a place setting in a dishwasher?
A place setting is the dishwasher’s capacity to hold dirty dishes in its upper and lower racks. One place setting is the space for a large dinner plate, a small plate, a saucer, a bowl, a cup, a glass, a knife, two teaspoons, and a fork. The following are different place settings in India.
- 8 place setting
- 12 place setting
- 13 place setting
- 14 place setting
- 15 place setting
Can the IFB Neptune VX Plus dishwasher handle Indian utensils?
The IFB Neptune VX Plus dishwasher delivers excellent performance. It can handle large Indian utensils and has adjustable racks to fit odd-shaped items.
The efficiency of a wash depends on how you load the dishwasher. Learn the proper way of loading your dishwasher for best results. Be patient; it will take time to master the best way to load your dishwasher.
Watch out! Delicates such as chinaware, aluminum, silverware, and crystal dishes can discolor and stain inside the dishwasher. In short, this kitchen appliance will make your life much better and easier.
What do I need to run a dishwasher in India?
To run the IFB Neptune VX Plus dishwasher, you will need the following items.
- Dishwasher salt – To remove water hardness from hard water. Hard water is not suitable for dishwashers as it leaves spots on your dishes. This dishwasher uses a water softening device to remove water hardness.
- Dishwasher detergent/tablet – The dishwasher uses the detergent to wash the utensils.
- Dishwasher aid – Assists the drying function to remove water spots when drying.
What types of dishwashers are available in India?
- Freestanding dishwasher – A freestanding dishwasher or a standalone dishwasher is one that you can place anywhere in your house. These are larger than a tabletop dishwasher and have a larger place setting such a 13 place settings dishwasher or 14 place settings.
- Countertop dishwasher – The Voltas Beko DT8S is a tabletop dishwasher. A countertop dishwasher is small and not suitable for heavy washing or large families.
- Built-in dishwasher – One that fits into your kitchen cabinet and is not moveable.
The dishwasher price depends on its type. A tabletop dishwasher will cost you less than a freestanding dishwasher but can handle only fewer dishes.
What accessories do I need for the IFB Neptune VX Plus dishwasher?
The following are useful accessories.
- Stand – Mount your dishwasher on a stand. Using a stand will raise the dishwasher’s height and make it easy for you to load your dirty dishes.
Which is better, a freestanding dishwasher, or a countertop dishwasher?
Both types of dishwashers have their pros and cons. Tabletops are best-suited for a small family with fewer utensils to manage. You are better off with a larger freestanding dishwasher for larger families. Also, countertops have limited functionalities and load capacity. In short, if you are looking for more options, features and have a large family choose the freestanding dishwasher.
Which dishwasher brands are available in India?
Most kitchen appliance brands make dishwashers in India. Please read our complete review to know India’s best dishwasher brands. The following are a few dishwasher brands.
- IFB dishwasher
- Bosch dishwasher
- LG dishwasher
- Whirlpool dishwasher
- Voltas Beko dishwasher
- Elica dishwasher
Specifications of IFB Neptune VX Plus Dishwasher
|Energy Consumption (kWh)||0.94|
|Water Consumption (L)||9|
|LED Display on control panel for Error Detection||Yes|
|Power Supply||220 – 240V, 15A, 50Hz|
|Noise Level – db (A)||49|
|Dimension (W x D x H – mm)||596 x 598 x 845|
|Warranty||2 Years + 8 Years Spare Parts Support|