- 1 Review of LG 14 place settings freestanding Dishwasher DFB424FW
- 2 Video demo of LG DFB424FW Dishwasher
- 3 An in-depth look at the features of LG DFB424FW Dishwasher
- 4 Essential accessories for your dishwasher
- 5 Frequently asked questions
- 5.1 What is the difference between the LG DFB424FP and DFB424FW
- 5.2 What is a place setting in a dishwasher?
- 5.3 Can the LG DFB424FW dishwasher handle Indian utensils?
- 5.4 What do I need to run a dishwasher in India?
- 5.5 What types of dishwashers are available in India?
- 5.6 What accessories do I need for the LG DFB424FW dishwasher?
- 5.7 Which is better, a freestanding dishwasher, or a countertop dishwasher?
- 5.8 Which dishwasher brands are available in India?
- 6 Specifications of LG DFB424FW Dishwasher
Review of LG 14 place settings freestanding Dishwasher DFB424FW
- If you are looking for a dishwasher with innovative features, look no further! The LG DFB424FW freestanding dishwasher is smart, intelligent, and fully connected. Use LG’s ThinQ smartphone App to control and monitor all its functions.
- This machine is a 14 place settings dishwasher, large, easy to use, and is efficient in cleaning.
- It comes with nine wash programs and four additional wash cycles to download using the ThinQ app.
- The main wash programs also have cycle options such as Dual Zone, Half Load, Energy Saver, Steam, High Temp, and Extra Dry.
- It also has a machine clean feature to remove residual soils and odor—a charming touch from LG.
- Inverter Direct Drive motor has low power consumption (energy efficient), long-lasting durability, and low water usage.
- It provides hygienic cleaning raising the water temperature to 75C. For safety, the LG DFB424FW dishwasher has a chime sound to alert you of any residual temperature.
- Expensive, at close to ₹60,000, this dishwasher will be your most expensive kitchen appliance.
- The LG Freestanding DFB424FW, surprisingly, restarts the entire wash cycle after power failure. For a dishwasher that costs close to ₹60,000, missing a memory function is a serious flaw.
- For the Indian kitchen, all these features, additional washing cycle, seem redundant and unnecessary. It only adds to the overall dishwasher price.
- It is not Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled.
- You cannot wash utensils made from aluminum, copper, brass, iron, and plastic in this dishwasher, as it will cause these to stain.
Overall, the LG DFB424FW dishwasher is one of the best and most advanced dishwashers available in India. It is a smart choice for the modern Indian kitchen and has all the features you expect from a freestanding dishwasher. It is an excellent choice for washing dirty dishes from Indian cooking.
Consider a dishwasher as an investment. While the upfront cost is high, over time, this dishwasher machine will pay for itself. Also, you will get time to spend with your family.
LG needs to address two vital aspects to make this the best dishwasher in India.
- Reduce the cost by minimizing the features. We don’t think washing Indian utensils need so many dishwasher cycles and options.
- Fix the restart issue after a power-cut.
Video demo of LG DFB424FW Dishwasher
An in-depth look at the features of LG DFB424FW Dishwasher
The LG DFB424FW dishwasher is one of the best dishwashers available in India. Like the Voltas Beko DF15SP, this fully electronic dishwasher connects to the home WiFi using LG’s SmartThinQ. Using the LG ThinQ smartphone app will give you access to additional washing cycles to meet your home needs.
It has a large load capacity of 14 place settings. It uses
- EasyRack plus makes loading dirty dishes easy. The foldable rack with foldable tines is easy to adjust.
- QuadWash feature uses multi motion spray arms to clean utensils from every angle.
- LG’s Inverter drive motor that is quiet, efficient, and reliable. This machine is the quietest dishwasher (44db) around.
- TrueSteam technology for sparkling clean dishes and fewer water spots
All these innovative features make this LG dishwasher a worthy home appliance for the Indian Kitchen. Many of us assume dishwashers cannot handle Indian utensils and messy dishes. But the truth is, a dishwasher delivers a cleaner and hygienic wash than manual hand washing.
The LG DFB424FW dishwasher will remove your dependency on the maid, reduce cost, save time, and can make any dish hygienic. It will help you to maintain social distancing during this lockdown.
We urge our readers to read this review fully as it includes useful tips, FAQs, dishwasher buying guide, and a lot more.
Please read our review of the best dishwashers in India to choose the best one for your home.
Features of the LG DFB424FW Dishwasher
- Ease of use – The LG DFB424FW standalone dishwasher comes with an excellent set of innovative features. The LG ThinQ smartphone app provides connectivity to monitor this dishwasher from anywhere within your home. The control panel is sharp and easy to use. Using this dishwasher is similar to a washing machine or a refrigerator; it is simple. Loading dirty dishes, on the other hand, is a skill that you will master over time.
- Capacity (14 place settings dishwasher) – The DFB424FW has enough space to handle large loads from your kitchen. A place setting is the dishwasher’s capacity to wash dirty dishes. One place setting is the space to load a large dinner plate, a small plate, a saucer, a bowl, a cup, a glass, a knife, two teaspoons, and a fork.
- Efficiency – The Direct Drive Inverter motor (same technology in LG washing machine and refrigerator) is durable, energy-efficient, and quiet. Dishwashers also use less water than manual hand washing.
- Warranty – The LG DFB424FW dishwasher comes with a 10-year warranty on the inverter motor and a two-year warranty on the entire product.
Adjustable racks of the LG DFB424FW
You can adjust the upper rack and lower rack to fit Indian utensils like kadhais and thawas. LG’s RackEasy plus feature makes rack adjustments easy. The cutlery basket is also movable.
- Lower rack adjustments – The lower rack has foldable tines on the front row to make room for larger utensils. Use the bottom rack for soup bowls, dishes, pots, pans, lids, and grill trays from your OTG.
- Upper rack – Use the upper rack for delicate items such as cups, glassware, and small plates. You can also adjust the upper rack’s height to three different levels to load taller items. The racks glide using the wheels provided on the glide rail using a ball bearing.
Wash cycles of the LG DFB424FW Freestanding dishwasher
This LG freestanding dishwasher comes with nine primary wash programs and four additional download cycles that you can download in your ThinQ app.
- Intensive – This wash cycle is best suited for cooking vessels with heavy stains. In this mode, the heavy cycle uses a powerful spray intensity and 75C to wash heavily soiled dishes.
- Turbo – Use this mode for your daily wash. It can handle regular stains on your dishes. Extra Dry turns on by default in this mode. You can turn it off if you don’t prefer this option.
- ECO – ECO mode uses the least amount of water and power. It can handle medium soiled dishes. The downside to this mode is that it takes a long time to finish.
- Dual Zone – In the Dual Zone mode, the DFB424FW lowers the upper rack’s spray intensity and increases it in the lower rack. You can place your delicate dishes, such as plastic, in the upper rack, and heavily soiled dishes in the lower rack.
- Quick – The Quick mode is for a quick wash. This mode can handle lightly soiled dishes.
- Auto – This wash program is fully automatic. The DFB424FW uses its internal sensors to automatically determine water temperature, wash cycle time, and the amount of water needed.
- Steam – This LG dishwasher uses True Steam technology to add steam to the wash cycle to improve wash performance.
- High Temp – In this wash program, the water temperature increases during rinsing to remove heavy soils. It also has a safety warning alert to indicate high temperatures when opening the dishwasher.
- Download dishwasher Cycle (ThinQ) – Machine clean for self-cleaning the dishwasher, Rinse for soaking and rinsing heavily soiled dishes, and Express can quickly wash the dishes but does not dry them. All these features are available on the ThinQ smartphone app for download.
- Others – This dishwasher has cycle options that you can use along with the nine main programs. They are Dual Zone, Half Load, Energy saver, Steam, and High Temp.
Essential accessories for your dishwasher
Frequently asked questions
What is the difference between the LG DFB424FP and DFB424FW
LG has two dishwasher models, DFB424FP and DFB424FW. Both have 14 place settings and similar features. The only difference is in the paint color and price. DFB424FP has a silver finish, and DFB424FW, a blue-white finish.
What is a place setting in a dishwasher?
A place setting is the dishwasher’s capacity to hold dirty dishes in its upper and lower racks. One place setting is the space for a large dinner plate, a small plate, a saucer, a bowl, a cup, a glass, a knife, two teaspoons, and a fork. The following are different place settings in India.
- 8 place setting
- 12 place setting
- 13 place setting
- 14 place setting
- 15 place setting
Can the LG DFB424FW dishwasher handle Indian utensils?
The LG DFB424FW dishwasher delivers excellent performance. It can handle large Indian utensils and has adjustable racks that are easy to load.
Remember, the efficiency of a wash depends on how you load the dishwasher. Never pile dishes on top of each other and ensure all the dishes are in the correct position. Be patient; it will take time to learn the best way to load your dishwasher.
Watch out! Delicates such as chinaware, aluminum, silverware, and crystal dishes can discolor and stain inside the dishwasher. In short, this kitchen appliance will make your life much better and easier.
What do I need to run a dishwasher in India?
To run the LG DFB424FW dishwasher, you will need the following items.
- Dishwasher salt – To remove water hardness from hard water. Hard water is not suitable for dishwashers as it leaves spots on your dishes.
- Dishwasher detergent/tablet – The dishwasher uses the detergent to wash the utensils.
- Dishwasher aid – Assists the drying function to remove water spots when drying.
The DFB424FW has indicators and alarms to alert you if it is running out of dishwasher salt or rinse aid.
What types of dishwashers are available in India?
- Freestanding dishwasher – A freestanding dishwasher or a standalone dishwasher is one that you can place anywhere in your house. These are larger than a tabletop dishwasher and have a larger place setting such a 13 place settings dishwasher or 14 place settings.
- Countertop dishwasher – The Voltas Beko DT8S is a tabletop dishwasher. A countertop dishwasher is small and not suitable for heavy washing or large families.
- Built-in dishwasher – One that fits into your kitchen cabinet and is not moveable.
The dishwasher price depends on its type. A tabletop dishwasher will cost you less than a freestanding dishwasher but can handle only fewer dishes.
What accessories do I need for the LG DFB424FW dishwasher?
The following are useful accessories.
- Stand – Mount your dishwasher on a stand. Using a stand will raise the dishwasher’s height and make it easy for you to load your dirty dishes.
Which is better, a freestanding dishwasher, or a countertop dishwasher?
Both types of dishwashers have their pros and cons. Tabletops are best-suited for a small family with fewer utensils to manage. You are better off with a larger freestanding dishwasher for larger families. Also, countertops have limited functionalities and load capacity. In short, if you are looking for more options, features and have a large family choose the freestanding dishwasher.
Which dishwasher brands are available in India?
Most kitchen appliance brands make dishwashers in India. Please read our complete review to know India’s best dishwasher brands. The following are a few dishwasher brands.
- IFB dishwasher
- Bosch dishwasher
- LG dishwasher
- Whirlpool dishwasher
- Voltas Beko dishwasher
- Elica dishwasher
Specifications of LG DFB424FW Dishwasher
|Time Delay||Upto 12 Hrs|
|Dimensions W x D x H (mm)||600 x 600 x 850|