- 1 Review of Siemens IQ500 freestanding dishwasher SN256I01GI 12 place settings freestanding dishwasher
- 2 Video demo of Siemens IQ500 SN256I01GI Dishwasher
- 3 An in-depth look at the features of Siemens IQ500 SN256I01GI Dishwasher
- 4 Essential accessories for your dishwasher
- 5 Frequently asked questions
- 5.1 What is the difference between the Siemens SN256W01GI and SN256I01GI dishwashers?
- 5.2 What is a place setting in a dishwasher?
- 5.3 Can the Siemens IQ500 SN256I01GI dishwasher handle Indian utensils?
- 5.4 What do I need to run a dishwasher in India?
- 5.5 What types of dishwashers are available in India?
- 5.6 What accessories do I need for the Siemens IQ500 SN256I01GI dishwasher?
- 5.7 Which is better, a freestanding dishwasher, or a countertop dishwasher?
- 5.8 Which dishwasher brands are available in India?
- 6 Specifications of Siemens IQ500 SN256I01GI Dishwasher
Review of Siemens IQ500 freestanding dishwasher SN256I01GI 12 place settings freestanding dishwasher
- It comes with features, a silent IQDrive motor, fingerprint-free stainless steel, DosageAssist basket, AquaSensor, LoadSensor, Automatic detergent detection, and a stainless steel tub.
- This reliable dishwasher has 12 place settings, sufficient for a family of 3 to 4 people. It is easy to use and can remove tough stains.
- It comes with six automatic wash programs that can remove even the stubborn stains from your dishes.
- It uses Spacematic that gives you the flexibility to load large pots and pans.
- The IQDrive motor does its job quietly, producing only 52 dB.
- Siemens’ after-sales & service is patchy. In some cities, the service quality is good while in others it is not.
- This dishwasher is not a connected machine. It cannot connect to WiFi, nor does it have smart features.
- This dishwasher is expensive for a 12 place setting machine. It costs the same amount as an IFB Neptune VX Plus 15 place setting.
- This dishwasher was first available by late 2018, a two-year-old model.
- Watch out! You cannot wash utensils made from aluminum, copper, brass, iron, and plastic in this dishwasher, as it will cause these to stain.
Siemens IQ500 SN256I01GI 12 place settings freestanding dishwasher is an excellent choice for the modern Indian kitchen. You no longer need to worry about a dishwasher’s ability to hand Indian utensils. With 12 place settings perfected for Indian utensils, this dishwasher delivers better results than a maid handwashing.
It is a perfect fit for people who like to own a top German brand. Low power consumption, low water consumption, excellent cleaning performance, and stunning looks are what you get from this dishwasher.
Siemens needs to improve their customer service. Over time, the quality of service has come down, resulting in unsatisfied customers.
Video demo of Siemens IQ500 SN256I01GI Dishwasher
An in-depth look at the features of Siemens IQ500 SN256I01GI Dishwasher
Siemens is a premier home appliance brand in India which brings German-made innovative functions into the Indian Kitchen. This Siemens IQ500 SN256I01GI is an excellent dishwasher available in India today. Unlike its expensive sibling, the Siemens SN258I06TE, this dishwasher is smaller and does not have the same innovative features.
However, the SN256I01GI still has some useful features such as SpaceMatic design for extra space, VarioFlex rack system, HygienicPlus antibacterial system, and the brilliant IQDrive motor.
This dishwasher has exceptional German-build quality, easy to use, safe with child lock systems, and reliable. The Siemens IQ500 SN256I01GI is not without limitations. Hence, we urge our readers to read this review thoroughly as it includes useful tips, FAQs, a dishwasher buying guide, and a lot more.
Please read our review of the best dishwashers in India to choose the best one for your home.
Features of the Siemens IQ500 SN256I01GI Dishwasher
- Ease of use – This freestanding dishwasher has six washing cycles. The control panel is easy to use, with all the wash cycles easily accessible. Using this dishwasher is similar to using a washing machine; it is simple.
- Capacity (12 place settings dishwasher) – The Siemens IQ500 SN256I01GI has enough space to handle loads from a small-mid kitchen. A place setting is the dishwasher’s capacity to wash dirty dishes. One place setting is the space to load a dinner plate, a small plate, a saucer, a bowl, a cup, a glass, a knife, teaspoons, and forks.
- Efficiency – The IQDriver motor is durable, energy-efficient, and silent (52 dB). This dishwasher also uses less water (13-liters in the ECO wash cycle) than manual handwashing (30+ liters).
- Warranty – This dishwasher comes with a two-year warranty on the entire product and a 10-year warranty on the inner tub from rust.
Adjustable racks of the Siemens IQ500 SN256I01GI dishwasher
You can adjust the top rack and lower rack to fit Indian utensils like large pots, tall glasses, long knives, kadhais, and thawas. This dishwasher uses the VarioBasket system and Spacematic for flexibility.
- Lower basket (foldable racks) – The lower basket of this Siemens dishwasher has folding spikes. Each of the spikes is foldable to make room for larger utensils. Use the bottom rack for bowls, dishes, pots, pans, lids, and trays from your OTG. The lower spray arm is more powerful and hence suitable for cleaning tough stains.
- Upper basket (height adjustable rack) – Use the upper basket for delicate items such as cups, glassware, bowls, and small plates. You can also adjust the upper rack’s height using the height adjusters.
- Cutlery Basket – The cutlery basket is suitable for loading unsorted items, like spoons and forks.
- Etagere – Use the space underneath the etagere for small cups and glasses. The etagere also has height adjustments to make additional room.
- Knife shelf – The upper basket also has a knife rack to hold knives.
- Small accessories holder – Light-weight plastic accessories, such as cups, lids, etc. can be held securely in the small accessories holder.
Wash cycles of the Siemens IQ500 SN256I01GI Freestanding dishwasher
This Siemens dishwasher comes with eight primary wash programs and seven additional wash functions. All these modes complete with a drying phase where the dishes dry.
- Intensive 70C – This wash cycle is suited for washing vessels with very stubborn burned or dried-on food. In this mode, the Siemens IQ500 SN256I01GI heats the water to 70C to provide an intensive wash. You can use all of the additional wash programs along with this mode.
- Auto 45C – 60C – The Siemens IQ500 SN256I01GI uses its internal soil sensor to determine the water temperature and cycle time. This mode is best suited for cleaning dishes with part dried, common household food remnants.
- ECO 50 – ECO mode uses the least amount of water and power. It is best suited for fewer dishes. This wash cycle uses 9.5 liters of water. You can use all of the additional wash programs along with this mode.
- Express Sparkle 65C – This wash cycle is best suited for delicate glasses and glassware. This dishwasher uses extra gentle drying to ensure no breakages in the glass. Pre-rinse, Clean 65°, Intermediate rinse, Final rinse 65°, and drying are the only extra options available in this mode.
- Quick 45C – Use this mode for a quick wash. This cycle is best suited for washing dishes with partly dried, common household food remnants. Clean 45°, Intermediate rinse, and Final rinse 55° are the only additional programs available.
- Additional Options – The Siemens IQ500 SN256I01GI comes with extra wash programs such as Vario Eco, Half load, HygienePlus, and ExtraDry.
Essential accessories for your dishwasher
Frequently asked questions
What is the difference between the Siemens SN256W01GI and SN256I01GI dishwashers?
There are only three main differences between these two models.
- The SN256W01GI has a white body.
- The SN256W01GI is a few thousand rupees less expensive due to its stainless steel exterior.
- The SN256W01GI has a white color.
What is a place setting in a dishwasher?
A place setting is the dishwasher’s capacity to hold dirty dishes in its upper and lower racks. One place setting is the space for a large dinner plate, a small plate, a saucer, a bowl, a cup, a glass, a knife, two teaspoons, and a fork. The following are different place settings in India.
- 8 place setting
- 12 place setting
- 13 place setting
- 14 place setting
- 15 place setting
Can the Siemens IQ500 SN256I01GI dishwasher handle Indian utensils?
The Siemens IQ500 SN256I01GI dishwasher delivers excellent performance. It can handle large Indian utensils and has adjustable baskets to fit odd-shaped items.
The efficiency of a wash depends on how you load the dishwasher. Learn the proper way of loading your dishwasher for best results. Be patient; it will take time to master the best way to load your dishwasher.
Watch out! Delicates such as chinaware, aluminum, silverware, and crystal dishes can discolor and stain inside the dishwasher. In short, this kitchen appliance will make your life much better and easier.
What do I need to run a dishwasher in India?
To run the Siemens IQ500 SN256I01GI dishwasher, you will need the following items.
- Dishwasher salt – To remove water hardness from hard water. Hard water is not suitable for dishwashers as it leaves spots on your dishes. This dishwasher uses a water softening device to remove water hardness.
- Dishwasher detergent/tablet – The dishwasher uses the detergent to wash the utensils.
- Dishwasher rinse aid – Assists the drying function to remove water spots when drying.
What types of dishwashers are available in India?
- Freestanding dishwasher – A freestanding dishwasher or a standalone dishwasher is one that you can place anywhere in your house. These are larger than a tabletop dishwasher and have a larger place setting such a 13 place settings dishwasher or 14 place settings.
- Countertop dishwasher – The Voltas Beko DT8S is a tabletop dishwasher. A countertop (portable) dishwasher is small and not suitable for heavy washing or large families.
- Built-in dishwasher – A fully integrated dishwasher is one that fits into your kitchen cabinet and is not moveable.
The dishwasher price depends on its type. A tabletop dishwasher will cost you less than a freestanding dishwasher but can handle only fewer dishes.
What accessories do I need for the Siemens IQ500 SN256I01GI dishwasher?
The following are useful accessories.
- Stand – Mount your dishwasher on a stand. Using a stand will raise the dishwasher’s height and make it easy for you to load your dirty dishes.
- Dishwasher cover – You can buy a dishwasher cover to protect it from the elements. Check the dimensions before you buy a cover.
Which is better, a freestanding dishwasher, or a countertop dishwasher?
Both types of dishwashers have their pros and cons. Tabletops are best-suited for a small family with fewer utensils to manage. You are better off with a larger freestanding dishwasher for larger families. Also, countertops have limited functionalities and load capacity. In short, if you are looking for more options, features and have a large family choose the freestanding dishwasher.
Which dishwasher brands are available in India?
Most kitchen appliance brands make dishwashers in India. Please read our complete review to know India’s best dishwasher brands. The following are a few dishwasher brands.
- IFB dishwasher
- Bosch dishwasher
- Faber dishwasher
- Siemens dishwasher
- LG dishwasher
- Whirlpool dishwasher
- Voltas Beko dishwasher
- Elica dishwasher
Specifications of Siemens IQ500 SN256I01GI Dishwasher
|Water consumption in programme Eco 50||13 litres|
|Energy consumption in programme Eco 50||1.02 kWh|
|Noise level||52 dB|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||84.5 x 60 x 60 cm|