- 1 Review of Siemens IQ500 freestanding dishwasher SN258I06TE (14 place setting)
- 2 Video demo of Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE Dishwasher
- 3 An in-depth look at the features of Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE Dishwasher
- 4 Essential accessories for your dishwasher
- 5 Frequently asked questions
- 5.1 What is a place setting in a dishwasher?
- 5.2 Can the Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE dishwasher handle Indian utensils?
- 5.3 What do I need to run a dishwasher in India?
- 5.4 What types of dishwashers are available in India?
- 5.5 What accessories do I need for the Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE dishwasher?
- 5.6 Which is better, a freestanding dishwasher, or a countertop dishwasher?
- 5.7 Which dishwasher brands are available in India?
- 6 Specifications of Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE Dishwasher
Review of Siemens IQ500 freestanding dishwasher SN258I06TE (14 place setting)
- German-made and imported from Germany. The quality of this machine is unquestionable.
- It comes with innovative features, a silent IQDrive motor, fingerprint-free stainless steel, bright TFT display, and many more. You cannot go wrong with this dishwasher.
- This reliable dishwasher has 14 place settings, sufficient for a family of 4 to 5 people. It is easy to use and can remove tough stains.
- It comes with eight automatic wash programs coupled with VarioSpeed plus that can remove even the stubborn stains from your dishes.
- It uses Zeolith drying technology that uses Zeolite, a natural mineral that extracts moisture from the inner tub to give you spotless cleaning results.
- It uses Rackmatic 3-stage that gives you the flexibility to load large pots and pans.
- The IQDrive motor does its job quietly, producing only 42 dB.
- The Shine&Dry option uses additional rinse water to swill all residues of detergent to give you the best gleaming shine on your dishes.
- Siemens’ after-sales & service is patchy. In some cities, the service quality is good while in others it is not.
- The biggest downside to this expensive Siemens dishwasher is the Home Connect App. This App is not available in India. While the Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE is WiFi-enabled, you don’t get all the features without the App.
- This dishwasher is super expensive. You can buy two LG dishwashers for the same amount.
- While German engineering is great, we are unsure about the local service engineer’s knowledge or the availability of spares in India.
- Watch out! You cannot wash utensils made from aluminum, copper, brass, iron, and plastic in this dishwasher, as it will cause these to stain.
Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE 14 place settings freestanding dishwasher is the most advanced in India. It’s performance, build quality, innovative features are the best.
It is a perfect fit for people with deep pockets who like to have the best in their homes. Low power consumption, efficient water usage, excellent cleaning performance, and stunning looks are what you get from this dishwasher.
Missing the Home Connect App is something we could not comprehend. This App is available for download from the Play Store in other countries but still not available in India.
Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE will be the best dishwasher in India if they can lower the price, fix the Home Connect App, and improve their customer service.
Video demo of Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE Dishwasher
An in-depth look at the features of Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE Dishwasher
Siemens is a premier home appliance brand in India which brings German-made innovative functions into the Indian Kitchen. This Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE is a top-of-the-line dishwasher available in India today, made in Germany, and imported directly to India. This dishwasher is also the most expensive in the Indian market.
The Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE 14 place settings freestanding dishwasher is a fully electronic dishwasher with innovative programs that can handle all your dishwashing needs. It comes with standout features such as WiFi connectivity (more on this below), Zeolith drying technology, VarioSpeed, IQDrive motor, TFT display, and many more.
If you are a tech-buff who likes everything premium in your home, this is the dishwasher for your kitchen. This dishwasher has exceptional built quality, easy to use, safe with child lock systems, and reliable.
The Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE is not without limitations. Hence, we urge our readers to read this review thoroughly as it includes useful tips, FAQs, a dishwasher buying guide, and a lot more.
Please read our review of the best dishwashers in India to choose the best one for your home.
Features of the Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE Dishwasher
- Ease of use – This freestanding dishwasher has eight washing cycles. The bright TFT control panel is easy to use, with all the wash cycles easily accessible. Using this dishwasher is similar to using a washing machine; it is simple.
- Capacity (14 place settings dishwasher) – The Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE has enough space to handle loads from a mid-large kitchen. A place setting is the dishwasher’s capacity to wash dirty dishes. One place setting is the space to load a dinner plate, a small plate, a saucer, a bowl, a cup, a glass, a knife, teaspoons, and forks.
- Efficiency – The IQDriver motor is durable, energy-efficient, and silent (42 dB). This dishwasher also uses less water (9.5-liters in the ECO wash cycle) than manual handwashing (30+ liters).
- Warranty – This dishwasher comes with a two-year warranty on the entire product. We recommend that you buy an extended warranty to protect your investment.
Adjustable racks of the Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE dishwasher
You can adjust the top rack, cutlery tray, and lower rack to fit odd-shaped Indian utensils like large pots, tall glasses, long knives, kadhais, and thawas. This dishwasher uses the VarioBasket system and Rackmatic for flexibility.
- Lower basket (foldable racks) – The lower basket of this Siemens dishwasher has folding spikes. Each of the spikes is foldable to make room for larger utensils. Use the bottom rack for bowls, dishes, pots, pans, lids, and trays from your OTG. The lower spray arm is more powerful and hence suitable for cleaning tough stains.
- Upper basket (height adjustable rack) – Use the upper basket for delicate items such as cups, glassware, bowls, and small plates. You can also adjust the upper rack’s height using the height adjusters. This dishwasher’s top basket also has two foldable plate racks & two cup shelves.
- Cutlery Tray – This dishwasher also has a third basket to hold your cutlery. Remember to position your knives with sharp edges pointing down.
- Cutlery Basket – The cutlery basket is suitable for loading unsorted items, like spoons and forks.
- Etagere – Use the space underneath the etagere for small cups and glasses. The etagere also has height adjustments to make additional room.
- Knife rack – The upper basket also has a knife rack to hold knives.
Wash cycles of the Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE Freestanding dishwasher
This Siemens dishwasher comes with eight primary wash programs and seven additional wash functions. All these modes complete with a drying phase where the dishes dry.
- Intensive 70 – This wash cycle is suited for washing vessels with very stubborn burned or dried-on food. In this mode, the Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE heats the water to 70C to provide an intensive wash. You can use all of the additional wash programs along with this mode.
- Auto 45C – 60C – The Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE uses its internal soil sensor to determine the water temperature and cycle time. This mode is best suited for cleaning dishes with part dried, common household food remnants.
- ECO 50 – ECO mode uses the least amount of water and power. It is best suited for fewer dishes. This wash cycle uses 9.5 liters of water. You can use all of the additional wash programs along with this mode.
- Silence 50 – Use this washing program for washing medium soiled utensils. It is best suited for washing soup, sauce, pastry, egg, rice, potato, and fried food. IntensiveZone, Half load, HygienePlus, ExtraDry, Shine, and Dry are the only extra options available in this mode.
- Glass 40C – This wash cycle is best suited for delicate glasses and glassware. This dishwasher uses extra gentle drying to ensure no breakages in the glass. IntensiveZone, Half load, HygienePlus, ExtraDry, Shine, and Dry are the only extra options available in this mode.
- Quick 65C – Use this mode for a quick wash. This cycle is best suited for washing dishes with partly dried, common household food remnants. Extra Dry Shine and Dry are the only additional programs available.
- Additional programs – The Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE comes with extra wash programs such as IntensiveZone, Half load, HygienePlus, ExtraDry, Shine, and Dry.
Essential accessories for your dishwasher
Frequently asked questions
What is a place setting in a dishwasher?
A place setting is the dishwasher’s capacity to hold dirty dishes in its upper and lower racks. One place setting is the space for a large dinner plate, a small plate, a saucer, a bowl, a cup, a glass, a knife, two teaspoons, and a fork. The following are different place settings in India.
- 8 place setting
- 12 place setting
- 13 place setting
- 14 place setting
- 15 place setting
Can the Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE dishwasher handle Indian utensils?
The Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE dishwasher delivers excellent performance. It can handle large Indian utensils and has adjustable baskets to fit odd-shaped items.
The efficiency of a wash depends on how you load the dishwasher. Learn the proper way of loading your dishwasher for best results. Be patient; it will take time to master the best way to load your dishwasher.
Watch out! Delicates such as chinaware, aluminum, silverware, and crystal dishes can discolor and stain inside the dishwasher. In short, this kitchen appliance will make your life much better and easier.
What do I need to run a dishwasher in India?
To run the Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE dishwasher, you will need the following items.
- Dishwasher salt – To remove water hardness from hard water. Hard water is not suitable for dishwashers as it leaves spots on your dishes. This dishwasher uses a water softening device to remove water hardness.
- Dishwasher detergent/tablet – The dishwasher uses the detergent to wash the utensils.
- Dishwasher rinse aid – Assists the drying function to remove water spots when drying.
What types of dishwashers are available in India?
- Freestanding dishwasher – A freestanding dishwasher or a standalone dishwasher is one that you can place anywhere in your house. These are larger than a tabletop dishwasher and have a larger place setting such a 13 place settings dishwasher or 14 place settings.
- Countertop dishwasher – The Voltas Beko DT8S is a tabletop dishwasher. A countertop (portable) dishwasher is small and not suitable for heavy washing or large families.
- Built-in dishwasher – A fully integrated dishwasher is one that fits into your kitchen cabinet and is not moveable.
The dishwasher price depends on its type. A tabletop dishwasher will cost you less than a freestanding dishwasher but can handle only fewer dishes.
What accessories do I need for the Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE dishwasher?
The following are useful accessories.
- Stand – Mount your dishwasher on a stand. Using a stand will raise the dishwasher’s height and make it easy for you to load your dirty dishes.
- Dishwasher cover – You can buy a dishwasher cover to protect it from the elements. Check the dimensions before you buy a cover.
Which is better, a freestanding dishwasher, or a countertop dishwasher?
Both types of dishwashers have their pros and cons. Tabletops are best-suited for a small family with fewer utensils to manage. You are better off with a larger freestanding dishwasher for larger families. Also, countertops have limited functionalities and load capacity. In short, if you are looking for more options, features and have a large family choose the freestanding dishwasher.
Which dishwasher brands are available in India?
Most kitchen appliance brands make dishwashers in India. Please read our complete review to know India’s best dishwasher brands. The following are a few dishwasher brands.
- IFB dishwasher
- Bosch dishwasher
- Faber dishwasher
- Siemens dishwasher
- LG dishwasher
- Whirlpool dishwasher
- Voltas Beko dishwasher
- Elica dishwasher
Specifications of Siemens IQ500 SN258I06TE Dishwasher
|Energy Efficiency Class||A+++|
|Energy consumption in programme Eco 50||0.83 kWh|
|Power consumption off-mode / left-on mode||0.5 W / 0.5 W|
|Water consumption in programme Eco 50||10 litres|
|Noise level||42 dB|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||84.5 x 60 x 60 cm|