- 1 Review of Voltas Beko 15 place settings Dishwasher DF15SP
- 2 Video demo of Voltas Beko DF15SP Dishwasher
- 3 An in-depth look at the features of Voltas Beko DF15SP 15 place freestanding Dishwasher
- 4 Essential accessories for your dishwasher
- 5 Frequently asked questions
- 5.1 What is a place setting in a dishwasher?
- 5.2 Can the Voltas Beko freestanding DF15SP dishwasher handle Indian utensils?
- 5.3 What do I need to run a dishwasher in India?
- 5.4 What types of dishwashers are available in India?
- 5.5 What accessories do I need for the Voltas Beko DF15SP dishwasher?
- 5.6 What is the typical water consumption of this dishwasher?
- 5.7 Which is better, a freestanding dishwasher, or a countertop dishwasher?
- 5.8 Which dishwasher brands are available in India?
- 6 Specifications of Voltas Beko DF15SP Dishwasher
Review of Voltas Beko 15 place settings Dishwasher DF15SP
- This Voltas Beko is a smart dishwasher. It connects with your WiFi and allows you to control its wash programs using the Home Whiz app.
- The Voltas Beko 15 PS Full Size Dishwasher DF15SP is large, easy to use, and offers efficient cleaning performance.
- This Voltas dishwasher comes with 15 place settings capable of washing all your dishes at one go.
- It comes with nine wash programs and four additional wash programs to download using the HomeWhiz app to handle different loads.
- The main wash programs also have auxiliary functions such as TrayWash, SteamGloss, Super Rinse, Half Load, and Fast+
- ProSmart Inverter motor has low power consumption and water usage.
- It provides hygienic cleaning using 70C water temperature and powerful water jets using its inbuilt heater.
- The Voltas Beko Freestanding DF15SP has lengthy wash cycles. The Auto mode takes between 112mins to 180mins. A lengthy wash cycle means you need to wait until your dishes are clean.
- All the features and WiFi connectivity makes it expensive. Also, it is not Alexa enabled.
- Despite its adjustable racks, loading this dishwasher to make the best use of its space will take time to master.
- You cannot wash utensils made from aluminum, copper, brass, iron, and plastic in this dishwasher, as it will cause these to stain.
- The build quality does not justify its heft price tag. The stainless steel is thin, and the adjustments in the racks are flimsy.
Overall, the Beko DF15SP Freestanding dishwasher is a smart choice for the modern Indian kitchen. It has all the features you expect from a freestanding dishwasher and uses hot water to wash dirty dishes. It is an excellent choice for large families with tons of Indian cooking.
While the upfront cost is high, over time, this dishwasher machine will pay for itself. Voltas is a TATA brand, a name that we trust. The after-sales network is good and is proactive in service calls.
We did not like the build quality. There is a high chance of damage in transit. Also, the adjustable racks are not user-friendly. You will need to read the user manual to learn these adjustments. You can get a Bosch dishwasher in the same price range as this Voltas Beko dishwasher. Please read our full review and choose the one that suits your family the best.
Video demo of Voltas Beko DF15SP Dishwasher
An in-depth look at the features of Voltas Beko DF15SP 15 place freestanding Dishwasher
The Voltas Beko DF15SP 15 place setting dishwasher is the top of the line dishwasher from Voltas Beko. This fully electronic dishwasher is connected and smart. It has a large load capacity, collapsible lower basket tines, adjustable racks, and an efficient inverter motor making it a worthy home appliance for the Indian Kitchen.
Unlike its smaller cousin, the Voltas Beko DT8S, this dishwasher is ideal for large families. It can wash and dry most of your Indian utensils.
It is a myth to believe that dishwashers cannot handle heavily soiled utensils. The truth is a dishwasher delivers a cleaner and hygienic wash than manual hand washing.
With lockdown and the need for social distancing being essential, having the Voltas DF15SP dishwasher will remove your dependency on the maid. Not only that, this Voltas Beko freestanding dishwasher will ensure that you spend more time with your family than in your kitchen.
We urge our readers to read this review fully as it includes useful tips, FAQs, dishwasher buying guide, and a lot more.
Please read our review of the best dishwashers in India to choose the best one for your home.
Features of the Voltas Beko DF15SP Dishwasher
- Ease of use – The Voltas Beko standalone dishwasher comes with an excellent set of features. With the HomeWhiz connectivity, you can monitor this dishwasher from anywhere within your home. The control panel is easy to use. Using this dishwasher is similar to a washing machine or a refrigerator. Remember, you will not get everything right the first time. Learning to load a dishwasher will take time.
- Capacity (15 place setting) – The DF15SP has sufficient space to handle large loads. A place setting is the dishwasher’s capacity to hold and wash dirty dishes. One place setting is the space to load a large dinner plate, a small plate, a saucer, a bowl, a cup, a glass, a knife, two teaspoons, and a fork.
- Efficiency – Are you worried about water usage? Did you know that a dishwasher uses less water than a manual hand-wash? This dishwasher is efficient in water usage and energy consumption.
- Warranty – The Voltas DF15SP dishwasher comes with a 10-year warranty on the motor and a two-year warranty on the entire product.
Adjustable racks of the Voltas Beko DF15SP
You can adjust the upper and lower basket to fit oddly-shaped Indian utensils like kadhais and thawas. The cutlery basket is also movable.
- Lower basket adjustments – The lower basket has foldable tines, which will make room for larger utensils. The bottom basket also has tray wash support and glass holder. It is also height adjustable.
- Upper basket – The upper rack has adjustments for height and a multipurpose service rack that can hold long ladles and bread knives. You can also remove the multipurpose rack to make room for other vessels.
- Ceiling cutlery basket – Place all your cutlery in the cutlery basket. You can adjust the central tray to fit longer, placing longer cutlery items.
Wash programs of the Voltas Beko Freestanding DF15SP dishwasher
This Voltas Beko freestanding dishwasher comes with nine primary wash programs and four additional wash programs that you can download in your HomeWhiz app.
- Intensive 70 – This wash program is best suited for cooking vessels with heavy stains. In this mode, the DF15SP dishwasher increases the water temperature up to 70C to remove tough stains and makes your dishes sparkle. The intensive program takes 170mins to complete and uses 16-liters of water.
- Quick & shine – Use this mode for your daily wash. It takes 58mins to complete and can handle regular stains on your vessels. In this mode, the Voltas Beko freestanding dishwasher heats the water to 60C and uses about 10-liters of water.
- ECO – ECO mode uses the least amount of water and power. It can handle medium soiled dishes. The downside to this mode is that it takes 245mins to complete.
- AquaFlex – In the AquaFlex mode, the DF15SP lowers the water pressure in the upper basket. You can place your delicate dishes, such as plastic, in the upper rack, and others in the lower rack. AquaFlex takes 203mins and uses 19-liters of water.
- Mini 30 – The mini 30 mode is for a quick wash. This mode can handle lightly soiled dishes. It takes 30mins and uses 10-liters of water.
- GlassCare – The GlassCare program is for washing delicate glassware. It uses 13-liters of water.
- Auto – This mode is fully automatic. The DF15SP uses internal sensors to automatically determine water temperature, wash cycle time, and the amount of water needed. It uses 9 to 12-liters of water and takes 112 to 180mins depending on the load.
- Downloaded program (Infinity) – BabyProtect, Clean&Shine, SilentWash, and InnerClean are additional programs that you can download using the WhizHome app.
- Others – This dishwasher has auxiliary functions that you can use along with the nine main programs. They are half load, Fast+, TrayWash, SteamGloss, and Super Rinse.
Essential accessories for your dishwasher
Frequently asked questions
What is a place setting in a dishwasher?
A place setting is the dishwasher’s capacity to hold and wash dirty dishes. One place setting is the space to load a large dinner plate, a small plate, a saucer, a bowl, a cup, a glass, a knife, two teaspoons, and a fork. The following are different place settings in India.
- 8 place setting
- 12 place setting
- 13 place setting
- 14 place setting
- 15 place setting
Can the Voltas Beko freestanding DF15SP dishwasher handle Indian utensils?
All the dishwashers in the market today is useful for washing dishes. All top models come with adjustable racks that can fit odd-shaped utensils. The efficiency of the wash depends on how you load the dishwasher. Piling dishes on top of each other will not give you the best results. Be patient; it will take time to learn the best way to load your dishwasher.
Remember, delicates such as chinaware, aluminum, silverware, and crystal dishes can discolor and stain inside the dishwasher. In short, this kitchen appliance will make your life much better.
What do I need to run a dishwasher in India?
- Dishwasher salt – To remove hardness from hard water. Hard water is not suitable for dishwashers.
- Dishwasher detergent/tablet – The dishwasher uses the detergent to wash the utensils.
- Dishwasher aid – Assists the drying function to remove spots when drying.
The DF15SP has indicators to alert you if it is running out of dishwasher salt or rinse aid.
What types of dishwashers are available in India?
- Freestanding dishwasher – A freestanding dishwasher or a standalone dishwasher is one that you can place anywhere in your house. These are larger than a tabletop dishwasher and have a larger place setting such a 12 place settings dishwasher or 13 place settings.
- Countertop dishwasher – The Voltas Beko DT8S is a tabletop dishwasher. It can sit on top of your kitchen counter. A countertop dishwasher is small and not suitable for heavy washing or large families.
- Built-in dishwasher – One that fits into your kitchen cabinet and is not moveable.
The dishwasher price depends on its type. A tabletop dishwasher will cost you less than a freestanding dishwasher.
What accessories do I need for the Voltas Beko DF15SP dishwasher?
The following are useful accessories.
- Stand – Mount your dishwasher on a stand. Using a stand will raise the dishwasher’s height and make it easy for you to load your dirty dishes.
What is the typical water consumption of this dishwasher?
The water consumption of this dishwasher varies by program mode. The DF15SP does not waste any water. A typical hand wash can use up to 50 liters of water, whereas the DF15SP uses only a max of 15-liters of water.
|Clean and shine||1hr 30min||uses 10lts|
Which is better, a freestanding dishwasher, or a countertop dishwasher?
Both types of dishwashers have their pros and cons. Tabletops are best-suited for a small family with fewer utensils to manage. You are better off with a larger freestanding dishwasher for larger families. Also, countertops have limited functionalities and load capacity. In short, if you are looking for more options, features and have a large family choose the freestanding dishwasher.
Which dishwasher brands are available in India?
Most kitchen appliance brands make dishwashers in India. Please read our complete review to know India’s best dishwasher brands. The following are a few dishwasher brands.
- IFB dishwasher
- Bosch dishwasher
- LG dishwasher
- Whirlpool dishwasher
- Voltas Beko dishwasher
- Elica dishwasher
Specifications of Voltas Beko DF15SP Dishwasher
|Number Of Place Settings||15|
|Water Consumption||9.5 L|