- 1 Review of Voltas Beko 8 place Table Top/Countertop Dishwasher DT8S
- 2 Video demo of Voltas Beko DT8S Dishwasher
- 3 An in-depth look at the features of Voltas Beko DT8S 8 place Countertop Dishwasher
- 4 Essential accessories for your dishwasher
- 5 Frequently asked questions
- 5.1 Can the Voltas Beko DT8S dishwasher handle Indian utensils?
- 5.2 What do I need to run a dishwasher in India?
- 5.3 What types of dishwashers are available in India?
- 5.4 What accessories do I need for the Voltas Beko DT8S dishwasher?
- 5.5 What is the typical water consumption of this dishwasher?
- 5.6 Which is better, a freestanding dishwasher, or a countertop dishwasher?
Review of Voltas Beko 8 place Table Top/Countertop Dishwasher DT8S
- The Voltas Beko 8 PS Portable Countertop Dishwasher DT8S is compact, portable, and offers superb cleaning performance
- Despite its small size, this Voltas dishwasher comes with 6 place setting (can hold up to 96 dishes at a time).
- It comes with six wash programs to handle different types of loads.
- Low power consumption and water usage.
- Capable of handling tough stains from the Indian kitchen.
- Dedicated spray arms for cleaning dirty dishes in upper and lower racks.
- Hygienic cleaning using 70C water temperature and powerful water jets.
- The Voltas Beko Countertop DT8S is suitable only for a nuclear family. For larger families (3+ members), choose a freestanding dishwasher.
- The DT8S’s small size will not fit large utensils. You will be using this dishwasher more than once per day.
- Long wash cycle – ECO takes 3hrs and 15mins (longest wash cycle) to Mini, which takes 30mins (does not dry). It also does not have a half load option due to its small size.
- This countertop dishwasher does not come with adjustable racks making loading dirty dishes and odd-shaped utensils an art you need to master.
- Washing utensils made from aluminum, copper, brass, iron, and plastic in your dishwasher will cause it to stain.
Voltas Beko Table Top/Countertop Dishwasher DT8S is an excellent choice for smaller families (less than three members) and bachelors. It is portable, easy to use, compact, and delivers excellent results.
This fully electronic dishwasher can remove oil stains, masalas, and other tough stains from your dishes. It uses hot water (heats water to 70C) to clean your vessels and kills most germs, making it a hygienic wash.
Watch out for longer wash cycles. The intensive mode takes 2hrs and 40mins, which is too long for washing dishes. If you have a party, this dishwasher will not handle the load, best suited for small families with fewer dishes.
Video demo of Voltas Beko DT8S Dishwasher
An in-depth look at the features of Voltas Beko DT8S 8 place Countertop Dishwasher
The Voltas Beko Countertop DT8S is the best compact tabletop dishwasher available in India. Its compact size makes it a portable dishwasher, smart with 6 wash programs, attractive price, 8 place setting to fit up to 96 dirty dishes, and efficient washing of Indian utensils are the key features of this exciting tabletop dishwasher machine.
Remember, this Voltas Beko Table Top dishwasher won’t handle a utensil like a 10-liter pressure cooker or a large thawa. You will still need to hand wash large dirty dishes manually. If you want a dishwasher that can handle all of your dishes, choose the Bosch freestanding dishwasher SMS66GI01I.
With lockdown and the need for social distancing being essential, having the Voltas DT8S dishwasher will reduce your dependency on your maid. Not only that, this Voltas Beko dishwasher will ensure that you spend more time with your family than in your Indian kitchen.
We urge our readers to read this review fully as it includes useful tips, FAQs, dishwasher buying guide, and a lot more.
Please read our review of the best dishwashers in India to choose the best one for your home.
Features of the Voltas Beko DT8S Dishwasher
- Ease of use – Washing dishes will never be more comfortable than using the Voltas Beko countertop. Load all your dirty dishes and turn it on before you hit the bed. Use the Intensive 70 mode for the best results. Using this dishwasher is similar to a washing machine.
- Capacity (8 place setting) – A place setting is the dishwasher’s capacity to hold and wash dirty cookware. One place setting is the space to load a dinner plate, a small dish, a saucer, a bowl, a cup, a glass, a knife, two teaspoons, and a fork.
- Efficiency – Are you worried about water usage? Did you know that a dishwasher uses less water than a manual hand-wash? This dishwasher is efficient in water usage and energy consumption.
- Wash programs – The Voltas DT8S dishwasher comes with six wash programs for washing Indian utensils.
- Intensive 70 – This wash program is best suited for cooking vessels. Use this mode for heavy cleaning. In this mode, the DT8S increases the water temperature up to 70C to remove tough stains and makes your dishes sparkle. The intensive program takes 2hrs and 40mins to complete and uses 12-liters of water.
- Clean & shine – Use clean & shine mode for lightly soiled dishes. This program takes 1hr and 30mins to complete and uses 10-liters of water.
- ECO – Voltas Becko missed a trick with this washing program. ECO takes 3hrs and 15mins and uses 9-liters of water. Running your dishwasher for 3hrs is not ECO. You won’t need this mode as it takes a long, long time.
- Normal – This will be your most-used wash program. Sadly, this too takes 2hrs and 30mins to complete and uses about 11-liters of water.
- Mini 30 – The mini 30 mode is for a quick wash. This mode takes only 30mins to complete but does not dry your vessels. You can’t wash tough stains using this mode.
- Glass care – Glass care is another program that you will seldom use. It is for washing delicate glassware.
- Warranty – The Voltas DT8S dishwasher comes with a 5-year warranty on the motor and a two-year warranty on the entire product.
Essential accessories for your dishwasher
Frequently asked questions
Can the Voltas Beko DT8S dishwasher handle Indian utensils?
Yes, this the DT8S can handle most Indian utensils of smaller size. Unlike the freestanding ones, this tabletop dishwasher cannot handle large vessels like a 10-liter pressure cooker. It would also help if you did not wash vessels made from aluminum, copper, brass, iron, and plastic as the dishwasher can stain these materials.
What do I need to run a dishwasher in India?
To run the Voltas DT8S dishwasher, you will need the following items.
- Dishwasher salt – To remove hardness from hard water. Hard water is not suitable for dishwashers.
- Dishwasher detergent/tablet – The dishwasher uses the detergent to wash the utensils.
- Dishwasher aid – Assists the drying function to remove spots when drying.
Please note, you don’t need to load salt and rinse aid each time you run the dishwasher.
What types of dishwashers are available in India?
- Freestanding dishwasher – A freestanding dishwasher or a stand-alone dishwasher is one that you can place anywhere in your house. These are larger than tabletop dishwashers and a larger place setting such a 12 place settings dishwasher or 13 place settings.
- Countertop dishwasher – The Voltas Beko DT8S is a tabletop dishwasher. It can sit on top of your kitchen counter. Countertops are small and not suitable for heavy washing or large families.
- Built-in dishwasher – One that fits into your kitchen cabinet and is not moveable.
What accessories do I need for the Voltas Beko DT8S dishwasher?
The following are useful accessories.
- Stand – Mount your dishwasher on a stand. Using a stand will raise the dishwasher’s height and make it easy for you to load your dirty dishes.
What is the typical water consumption of this dishwasher?
The water consumption of this dishwasher varies by program mode.
|Clean and shine||1hr 30min||uses 10lts|
Which is better, a freestanding dishwasher, or a countertop dishwasher?
Both types of dishwashers have their pros and cons. Countertops are best-suited for a nuclear family with fewer dishes to manage. You are better off with a larger freestanding dishwasher for larger families with more dishes to manage.
Also, countertops have limited functionalities. For instance, the Voltas Beko DT8S has no adjustable racks, which makes loading odd-shaped dishes difficult. In contrast, a larger 12 place setting Bosch dishwasher will have foldable racks and more space.
In short, if you are looking for more options, features and have a large family choose the freestanding dishwasher.
Specifications of Voltas Beko DT8S Dishwasher
|Number Of Place Settings||8|
|Number of Programs||6|
|Water Consumption||8 L|