- 1 Review of 14 best OTGS in India
- 2 Our top three picks for the best OTGs in India
- 3 Our top picks for the best OTG in India based on capacity
- 4 Review of top OTGs in India
- 4.1 Review of Morphy Richards 52 RCSS (52 Litre) Oven Toaster Griller
- 4.2 Review of Borosil Prima 30 L Oven Toaster Griller
- 4.3 Review of Morphy Richards 24 RSS (24 Litre) Oven Toaster Griller
- 4.4 Review of Borosil DigiPro 38 L Oven Toaster Griller
- 4.5 Review of Philips HD6975/00 25-Litre Digital Oven Toaster Griller
- 4.6 Review of Bajaj Majesty 2200 TMSS (22 Litre) Oven Toaster Griller
- 4.7 Review of KENT 30-Litre Oven Toaster Griller
- 4.8 Review of Morphy Richards Besta Black 18L Oven Toaster Griller
- 4.9 Review of USHA OTGW 3619R Oven Toaster Griller
- 4.10 Review of American Micronic 15 liters Oven Toaster Griller
- 4.11 Review of Prestige POTG 36 Ltr – With Rotisserie & Convection Oven Toaster Griller
- 4.12 Review of Prestige POTG 19 PCR Oven Toaster Griller
- 4.13 Review of Singer 23-Litre Maxigrill Oven Toaster Griller
- 4.14 Review of Bajaj Majesty 1603 TSS (16 Litre) Oven Toaster Griller
- 5 Difference between a microwave oven, conventional oven, and OTG
- 6 OTG buyers guide in India
- 7 Features of an OTG
- 8 Frequently asked questions on top OTG’s in India
- 9 Conclusion: Best OTG in India
- 10 Our recommended reviews
Review of 14 best OTGS in India
OTGs are India’s substitutes for conventional ovens. These home appliances are handy and portable, well suited for the Indian way of life and cooking. In this post, we present a comprehensive review of some of the top OTGs in India.
What is an OTG?
An OTG or Oven Toaster Griller is a kitchen appliance that you can use for baking, grilling, and toasting. Unlike fixed conventional ovens (gas/electric), OTGs are electric and portable.
OTGs are gaining in popularity among the urban Indian homes. With the country under lockdown, having an OTG has several advantages. OTGs are an excellent choice for home baking. With little assistance from Youtube baking videos, you can be on your way to becoming a top home baker.
Our top three picks for the best OTGs in India
- Capacity: 52 litres
- Suitable for: 5-8 people
- Cooking capability: Baking, Grilling,
- Capacity: 30 litres
- Suitable for: 4-5 people
- Cooking capability: Grilling, toasting
- Capacity: 24 litres
- Suitable for: 3-4 people
- Cooking capability: Baking, Grilling,
Our top picks for the best OTG in India based on capacity
OTGs capacity varies from as small as 15L through as big as 60L. In this review, we present a detailed review of some of the top OTGs in India.
In the table below we present the top OTGs in India based on their size and capacity.
|Family size||OTG Capacity||Best OTG||Usage||Purpose||Features||Essential Accessories|
|Single||< 20 liters||Morphy Richards 18L Besta||Occasional||Toast||Timer, temperature controls||Wire rack|
|2 to 3||20L to 28L||Philips HD6975/00||Occasional||Bake, Toast||Timer, temperature controls||Wire rack, baking tray|
|2 to 3||24L to 30L||Morphy Richards 24 RSS||Frequent||Bake, Toast, Grill||Convection, rotisserie||Wire rack, baking tray, crumb tray, rotisserie rod, skewer rods|
|4 to 6||28L to 40L||Borosil Prima 30L||Occasional||Bake, Toast, Grill for home||Convection, motorized rotisserie||Wire rack, baking tray, rotisserie rod, skewer rods, crumb tray, Rotisserie tongs|
|4 to 6||32L to 40L||Borosil DigiPro 38L||Frequent||Bake, Toast, Grill for home business||Convection, motorized rotisserie, accurate thermostat & timer||Wire rack, baking tray, rotisserie rod, skewer rods, crumb tray, Rotisserie tongs|
|> 6||> 40L||Morphy Richards 52 liters||Frequent||Bake, Toast, Grill for home or small business||Convection, motorized rotisserie, accurate thermostat & timer, stay on, keep warm||Wire rack, baking tray, rotisserie rod, skewer rods, crumb tray, Rotisserie tongs|
Review of top OTGs in India
|Rank||OTG Model||Buy now||Capacity||Best For||Power Consumption|
|1||Morphy Richards 52 RCSS||52 Litre||5-8 people||2000 Watt|
|2||Borosil Prima 30 L||30 Litre||4-5 people||1500 Watt|
|3||Morphy Richards 24 RSS||24 Litre||3-4 people||1500 Watt|
|4||Borosil DigiPro 38 L||38 Litre||4-6 people||1500 Watt|
|5||Philips HD6975/00||25 Litre||3-4 people||1500 Watt|
|6||Bajaj Majesty 2200 TMSS||22 Litre||3-4 people||1200 Watt|
|7||KENT 30L 16041||30 Litre||4-5 people||1500 Watt|
|8||Morphy Richards Besta Black||18 Litre||2-3 people||1380 Watt|
|9||USHA OTGW 3619R||19 Litre||2-3 people||1380 Watt|
|10||American Micronic 15 liters||15 Litre||2-3 people||1300W Watt|
|11||Prestige POTG 36 Ltr||36 Litre||4-6 people||1500 Watt|
|12||Prestige POTG 19 PCR||19 Litre||2-3 people||1380 Watt|
|13||Singer 23-Litre Maxigrill||23 Litre||3-4 people||1500 Watt|
|14||Bajaj Majesty 1603 TSS||16 Litre||2-3 people||1200 Watt|
Review of Morphy Richards 52 RCSS (52 Litre) Oven Toaster Griller
- Excellent overall OTG. The best OTG available in India
- Large OTG with sufficient space to bring your baking dreams to life
- Loaded with features and shipped with an excellent set of accessories
- Motorised rotisserie
- Convection feature
- The entire body of the OTG heats up, even on the outside
- Inaccurate temperature control thermostat, it is off by 20C
The Morphy Richards 52 RCSS 52-Litre OTG is an all-round performer. It comes with all the features that you need for your home baking needs. Its 52-Litre capacity will ensure ample room for all your home cooking needs.
Review of Borosil Prima 30 L Oven Toaster Griller
- Elegant looks with this silver finish and the chrome finish of the handle
- This OTG comes with all the essential accessories
- It is easy to clean and maintain
- Unlike most other OTGs, Borosil Prima 30L outer body does not heat
- Poor build quality
- The accuracy of the thermostat and timer deteriorates with time
This OTG is the best option for a small to medium-sized family. 30-liter capacity, motorized rotisserie, convection, and an excellent set of accessories make this ideal for a beginner. This OTG should get you started with your home baking dreams.
Review of Morphy Richards 24 RSS (24 Litre) Oven Toaster Griller
- The best value for money OTG with all essential OTG features to begin your baking dreams in life
- Loaded with features and shipped with an excellent set of accessories
- Motorised rotisserie which enables you to grill the meat and vegetables evenly
- Simple, intuitive knobs help you to set the temperature, function, and timer very easily
- It’s lightweight and Pretty Black chrome finish grace any modern kitchen
- The control knobs get heated when used at a maximum temperature of 250 degrees Celcius
- The door doesn’t close properly, and there is a small gap due to the design issue. The heat leaks a little bit due to the gap but doesn’t affect the cooking process
- This OTG’s baking tray could have been bigger to fit easily into the groove, so grill rack and baking tray could have been used simultaneously
The Morphy Richards 24 RSS 24-Litre OTG is best to explore and enhance your baking skills. It’s compact, comes with a motorized rotisserie, and essential accessories, making it a perfect fit for your home baking under the ideal budget. This OTG is the right one to transform into a healthier way of cooking.
Review of Borosil DigiPro 38 L Oven Toaster Griller
- Specially designed heating element for convection
- Digital Controls to set precise time and temperature
- Multiple preset functions
- Shipped with all required accessories
- An excellent choice for medium to large families
- Borosil customer care leaves one wanting
- Adapting to the latest digital controls from conventional knobs could be difficult
- Satisfactory build quality
This OTG is one of the best OTGs available in India. Large capacity, digital controls, and an excellent set of accessories make this an ideal OTG for your family. The build quality is a letdown. But overall, an excellent choice for beginners and serious home bakers alike.
Review of Philips HD6975/00 25-Litre Digital Oven Toaster Griller
- Digital display and controls ensure greater timer and temperature accuracy
- This OTG has ten customized one-touch pre-set menus. These in-built cooking modes make this OTG easy and convenient
- Programmed with Opti-Temp Technology and one-touch Preheat functionality
- Excellent set of accessories for baking and grilling
- Sleek and modern design
- Does not have a motorised rotisserie and convection feature
- The entire body of the OTG heats up, including the door handle
- This OTG is expensive and offers low value for money
- Overall build quality and the quality of the accessories is average
The Philips HD6975/00 25-liter OTG has a modern look and feel, sleek design, and a digital display. It lacks features such as a motorized rotisserie and convection that are standard with other OTGs in the same price range. Overall, the Philips HD6975/00 25-liter OTG is an excellent choice for occasional use by a small family. Frequent users will need a motorized OTG and larger capacity.
Review of Bajaj Majesty 2200 TMSS (22 Litre) Oven Toaster Griller
- A compact OTG suitable for a small family or bachelors
- A strong and sturdy built stainless steel rust-free body
- Motorized rotisserie
- Affordable price
- A see-through glass door to keep a check on food during cooking
- The whole body heats up while cooking
- Absence of an inner chamber lamp
- Not possible to reduce the time once set
The Bajaj Majesty 2200 TMSS is a compact OTG suitable for a small family or a bachelor who enjoys occasional baking. For serious home bakers and beginners looking to kick start home baking, you are better off with an OTG like the Borosil 38L.
Review of KENT 30-Litre Oven Toaster Griller
- Good capacity of 30l with enough space to make your favorite delicacies for 8 people
- Loaded with features and an excellent set of accessories
- Rotisserie for perfect grilling
- Convection fan feature to distribute the heat evenly and cook the dishes perfectly
- Metallic silver stainless steel body makes it more elegant and durable
- Easy to clean and maintain as this OTG comes with a removable crumb tray
- Cord Length is too short so you may need an extension box if the plug point is a bit far away
- Kent recommends having a voltage stabilizer which could be an additional expense compared to other OTGs
The KENT 30-Litre 1500W Metallic Silver OTG is the elegant looking 30-liter OTG. You can bake, grill, roast, or boil any food items. It comes loaded with the needed features and essential accessories that you need for your home baking needs. But Kent is a relatively new brand in OTG with less number of users compared to established brands like Murphy Richards.
Review of Morphy Richards Besta Black 18L Oven Toaster Griller
- Morphy Richards OTG 18 RSS is one of the best oven toaster griller available in India
- Combines excellent features with all the vital accessories to start your home baking journey
- Morphy Richards OTG 18 RSS has a smart bake function that promises to deliver excellent baking results
- Superb compact design with a stainless steel body
- Motorized rotisserie which is great for grilling your food
- Removable crumb tray to collect food drippings
- Built-in keep warm function
- Three well-designed knobs to select your cooking mode, temperature control, and cooking timer
- This Morphy Richards product has only an 18-liters capacity, too small for a family
- This toaster oven does not include an inner chamber light
- No convection feature to maintain the heat
- The thermostatic temperature control function is not 100% accurate
- The timer knob was also inaccurate
Morphy Richards OTG 18 RSS OTG is a perfect kitchen appliance for someone looking to kick start home baking. It has all the essential accessories and features that a beginner needs. However, we feel 18-liters capacity is small to cater to a family of four.
We at userreviews.in recommend buying a larger OTG, like the Morphy Richards 52-liter RC OTG or the 60 liters OTG for your family. The Morphy Richards Besta Black OTG 18 RSS is suitable for individuals living alone and is an excellent replacement for a microwave oven.
Review of USHA OTGW 3619R Oven Toaster Griller
- Bright and appealing design, with an illuminated inner chamber
- Top and bottom heating elements
- An excellent set of accessories to get you started
- Rotisserie function for roasting and grilling
- Below average build quality
- Issues with thermostat and heating element resulting in under-cooked or over-cooked food
- Poor after-sales support
The Usha 19-liter OTGW 3619R comes with an excellent set of accessories, a rotisserie function, and a fresh design. The downsides to this OTG are inconsistent heating, poor build quality & customer service, and higher price. Overall, there are better OTGs like the Morphy Richards Besta 18L that you can choose.
Review of American Micronic 15 liters Oven Toaster Griller
- Small, compact, and easy to use
- American Micronic OTG 15L has an excellent set of accessories, including a baking tray, wire rack, crumb tray, and tong
- It has an elegant design with a robust stainless steel body. This OTG oven is really well-made
- This OTG uses a powerful heater (heating element) for uniform heating
- This oven toaster offers excellent value for money
- American Micronic OTG 15L is too small for family use
- This oven does not have an inner chamber light
- This small kitchen appliance does not have convection or motorized rotisserie feature
- We felt the list of accessories is light. This OTG misses out on a skewer rod and rotisserie rod
- We found the power chord to be too short for our liking
The American Micronic OTG 15L is a good choice for the occasional baker. Serious bakers, please choose a larger OTG. This toaster oven is the only OTG in India from the USA.
We did not like design flaws like the short power chord and missing an inner chamber light. Overall, we recommend this OTG for the occasional baker looking to cook delicious new menus for the weekend.
On the other hand, if you are looking for an OTG for your family, choose a larger OTG.
Review of Prestige POTG 36 Ltr – With Rotisserie & Convection Oven Toaster Griller
- Convection and Motorised rotisserie function
- Variable temperature control with an adjustable timer function
- Stainless steel heating elements for long-lasting performance
- Robust stay-cool handle and full-Size glass door
- Enamelled baking tray and steel grill rack
- Thoughtful list of accessories
- Noisy OTG, the convection mode is unusually loud
- Poor build quality. This OTG is prone to dents
- The thermostat is off by a few degrees
The Prestige POTG 36-Liter OTG is an excellent choice for someone looking to hone their home baking skills. This OTG has all the features necessary to help a beginner and mid-level home-chef to turn up delightful dishes.
Review of Prestige POTG 19 PCR Oven Toaster Griller
- Compact and lightweight fits easily into an even your smaller kitchen
- One of the OTG in this size range to have a motorized rotisserie for you to make perfect grills
- Handles and grill rack are chrome plated and feel strong enough for you to handle the weight
- This OTG’s tray handle has 2 small hooks which help you to grab the grill tray
- The Prestige Oven Toaster Griller has 2 heating rods each on top and bottom, but nothing on the sides, and this OTG doesn’t have a fan. Due to this, you won’t get even cooking and the end product may lack perfect finesse and texture
- This OTG doesn’t have a light inside which makes a bit difficult for you to check the progress of the cooking
- The aluminum tray that comes with this OTG is poor quality and connecting cable is short
- Service is not very good
You would feel lucky if you could get a compact-sized and affordably priced OTG with motorized rotisserie, wire rack, and enameled baking tray with good temperature, wouldn’t you? Prestige POTG 19l OTG is the BEST one for you. You can cook a variety of dishes such as pizzas, cakes, paneer tikkas, kebabs, bread, and toasts.
Review of Singer 23-Litre Maxigrill Oven Toaster Griller
- Excellent value for money
- Packs all the features that the big OTGs offer
- 23-liter capacity, convection & rotisserie features make it an ideal OTG for a small family
- Two heating elements, top, and bottom
- Build quality is average. The Singer Maxigrill is prone to damages during transit
- Thermostat and timers are not accurate
- Outer body heats up during use
Even though Singer is well known for their sewing machines, the Maxigrill does not disappoint. Maxigrill offers all the essential functions need for a home OTG at an attractive price point. The Maxigrill is an excellent choice for first-time home bakers. If you are a serious home baker, this OTG is not for you.
Review of Bajaj Majesty 1603 TSS (16 Litre) Oven Toaster Griller
- Compact in size
- Heats up and cools down very fast which helps you cook your dishes very quickly
- Very easy to clean and maintain and comes with the stainless body which is rust-free and durable
- The cost is affordable compared to other OTG and better choice for beginners to start baking, toasting and grilling
- This OTG has issues with the door not closing properly
- Inaccurate thermostat
- Poor build quality
- This OTG doesn’t come with a rotisserie so you may not get the finesse of a perfect grill
- This OTG doesn’t have a chamber light
Bajaj Majesty 1603 TSS 1200-Watt Toaster Oven Grill is a compact OTG with limited accessories. Small size, limited functions, an inaccurate thermostat makes this OTG less desirable and impractical. If you are looking for a small OTG and willing to shell out a few additional rupees, Morphy Richards 24-liters is an excellent choice.
Difference between a microwave oven, conventional oven, and OTG
Not many people know that OTGs are a far better and safer alternative to microwaves. Unlike a microwave that uses microwaves to cook, OTGs are conventional. Most top OTGs in India use two heating elements that produce heat to bake/cook. Since OTGs uses heat to cook, they are safer to use than microwave ovens.
A conventional oven is a large fixed kitchen appliance, typically used in western countries. They are immovable and fixed under kitchen counters. A conventional oven is uncommon in India. Most Indians prefer OTGs as they are portable and smaller.
The following are the key difference between an OTG oven, microwave oven, and a conventional oven.
|Feature||OTG oven||Microwave oven||Conventional oven|
|Heating element||Top and bottom heating elements||Uses microwaves to cook||Top, bottom and back heating elements|
|Capacity||16 liters to 60 liters||< 20 liters||> 50 liters|
|Uses||Baking, toasting, and grilling||Reheat, keep warm, defrost||Baking, grilling, toasting|
|Power consumption||> 1200 watts||Higher compared to OTGs||Two types, gas and electric ovens. Electric ovens consume more electricity|
|Price||Least expensive||More expensive than OTGs||Highest among ovens|
|Portability||Lightweight and portable||Lightweight and portable||Fixed under kitchen counter|
|User experience||Requires basic knowledge in baking and overall usage||Anyone can use||Requires basic knowledge in baking and overall usage|
|Safety||Safe to use as it does not use microwaves||Microwaves are not safe for humans.||Safe to use as it does not use microwaves|
|Features||Convection, rotisserie||Reheat, keep warm, defrost||Convection, rotisserie|
|Time to cook||Because it uses heating element to cook, cooking is time consuming||Fast due to microwaves||Because it uses heating element to cook, cooking is time consuming|
OTG buyers guide in India
Selecting the perfect OTG for your home involves careful consideration of your requirements and expectations. OTGs are like ACs and washing machines, and they are long-lasting home appliances.
Buying an OTG is generally a one-time thing. Hence, it is better to do your homework and carefully consider the options before making your final decision.
Know what you want
If you plan to make your cakes and delicious pizzas, you need an OTG with an accurate thermostat, convection, and capacity depending on the size of your family.
If you are serious about making cakes, and plan to expand your hobby into a small home business, choose a large capacity OTG such as the Morphy Richards 52-liters RC.
Toasting your breakfast does not require a sophisticated OTG. You can choose an inexpensive OTG with a small capacity.
If you like to grill your chicken or veggies, choose an OTG with motorized rotisserie and convection function. You also need to ensure that your OTG has top and bottom heating elements and wide temperature settings (60C to 250C).
Choose the right capacity OTG
Today, OTGs come in all shapes and sizes. OTGs sizes start from 16 liters through to 60 liters. Photos of OTGs are deceptive, don’t be fooled by manufactures marketing gimmicks. The rule of thumb when choosing the right capacity is – the bigger, the better.
To grill a full chicken, your OTG must have at least 40 liters capacity. If you plan to grill two whole chickens, then you need a 60-liter OTG. Please use the table below as a guideline to determine the right capacity for you.
|Family size||Usage||OTG Capacity|
|Single||Occasional||< 20 liters|
|2 to 3||Occasional||20L to 28L|
|2 to 3||Frequent||24L to 30L|
|4 to 6||Occasional||28L to 40L|
|4 to 6||Frequent||32L to 40L|
|> 6||Frequent||> 40L|
Choose the right-sized OTG
OTGs dimensions are an important factor when it comes to choosing the right OTG. You need to make sure that there is sufficient room on all sides. You don’t want your cakes and kebabs to rub against the sides. Also, having sufficient space inside the OTG will ensure uniform heating, thus giving you the best possible results.
Choose the right features in OTG
OTGs work based on the simple principle of converting electric energy into heat. The bigger your OTG, the more power-hungry it will be. All OTGs have temperature cut-off limits that help conserve electricity.
Keeping the glass door shut, cleaning the heating element, and using an external timer function will help save energy.
Most OTGs that we reviewed had quality issues. Many have a flimsy build and are prone to bumps and dents. We also found, most OTGs become hot on the outside while in use. Some OTGs had issues with the glass door not fully closing. Please read our detailed reviews to know more about each of these OTGs before making your final decision.
We recommend that you look at your OTG as an investment than an expense. Remember, OTGs make cooking and baking fun. Having an excellent OTG that can bake cakes and delicious pizzas and grill your meat and veggies like a dream is worth an investment.
An inexpensive OTG that cannot bake or grill is nothing compared to a slightly expensive one that can give you and your family delicious cakes, pizzas, panner tikka, and kebabs.
The number of accessories varies from one brand to another. Always choose an OTG that includes all the essential accessories. You want to ensure that you don’t spend additional money on buying accessories missed out. The following are the list of necessary accessories.
- Baking tray
- Crumb tray
- Rotisserie rod set
- Rotisserie tong
- Wire rack
- Instructional manual
- Warranty card
The warranty gives you peace of mind. Most manufacturers offer a two-year warranty on their OTGs. Choose an OTG that has a long warranty period. Short warranties indicate weak confidence from the manufacturer in their product. When it comes to warranty, the longer, the better.
Features of an OTG
OTGs come with several features and functions. Knowing about each of these features will help you master your OTG sooner.
Convection in an OTG ensures uniform heating. OTGs with convection have internal fans that continuously move the air around the heating element. This constant movement of air provides consistent heat, which results in even browning over your cake.
Convection isn’t a vital feature on a small capacity OTG. Large capacity OTGs (>30L) need convection.
Motorized rotisserie is a feature on the OTG that slowly rotates your veggies or meat even as it cooks. Rotation ensures uniform cooking of your kebabs.
Most OTGs in India have two heating elements, top, and bottom. Heating elements are the source of heat that cooks or bakes your delicious food. A thermostat controls these heating elements through a temperature control knob.
Several OTGs in India have inaccurate temperature settings. Buying an external temperature gauge will ensure that you set precise temperature settings and prevent you from overcooking.
All OTGs have simple to use timers. When the timer runs out, the OTG cuts off the power supply and turns off the unit. Most OTGs come with a simple alarm to indicate when the timer runs out.
All OTGs have several operating modes. Some of the commonly used modes are listed below.
- Bake Convection
- Toast Convection
- Broil + Convection
- Broil + Convection + Rotisserie
- Heating element selector – Top
- Heating element selector – Bottom
- Heating element selector – Both
Frequently asked questions on top OTG’s in India
Which is the best OTG Oven in India?
The Morphy Richard 52-liter RCSS is the best available OTG in India. Its large capacity, an excellent set of accessories, ease of use, great set of features, and reliability make this OTG stand out.
Are OTG’s safe to use at home?
OTGs are 100% safe to use in your kitchen. Unlike, microwave ovens that emit microwaves, OTGs use heat for cooking. They are as safe as your stove.
What vessels can I use in OTG?
You can use all the vessels that you use over your stove. For baking, you need specialized enamel-coated non-stick trays to prevent food from sticking to the surface.
What is the best appliance for baking a cake or pizza?
OTGs are the best kitchen appliances for baking, grilling, and toasting. Microwave ovens are useful for heating, and minor cooking. For pizza, panner tikka, kebabs, and cakes, OTG is the best choice.
Are heatproof gloves necessary for using OTG?
Heatproof, oven gloves are necessary for using OTGs to prevent accidental burns. Wire racks and baking trays heat up inside the OTG. We recommend using gloves to avoid injury.
Conclusion: Best OTG in India
Out of the 14 OTGs that we reviewed, we found the Morphy Richards 52 liter RCSS to be heads and shoulders above the competition. It deserved the coveted 4bloggers editor’s choice award.
Our review also includes best OTGs in India based on the capacity, for those looking for smaller OTGs. We recommend our readers to read our detailed reviews to get a comprehensive view of the OTG before making your final decision.