Review of Bosch TrueMixx Pro 1000W MGM8842GIN mixer grinder (mixie) in India
Mixer grinders or mixies are one of the most common household items in India. The mixie replaces our traditional stone grinders and is indispensable to Indian cooking.
Bosch in India is a well-respected brand renowned for its German quality. Bosch offers a range of mixies under the Truemixx range. The TrueMixx Pro 1000W range is the top-of-the-line blender that Bosch offers today.
The Truemixx Pro comes with a powerful 1000W motor, 4 useful SS jars, an elegant design, and a host of other features. The Truemixx Pro is a good choice for people wanting a powerful 1000W motor at a reasonable price. We recommend reading our buyer’s guide to learn what to look for when buying a mixer grinder.
- 1000W powerful motor 3-C series motor with 100% copper windings that can grind hard items such as turmeric at ease
- Unmatched German engineering, attention to detail, elegant design, and Bosch brand
- Blunt PoundingBlade design with thick edges that replicate a traditional stone grinder. Watch out the PoundingBlade design also makes it noisy
- Active flow breaker (similar to a wet grinder) that promises a finer batter
- Shockproof ABS plastic body for a more durable and long-lasting performance
- 5-year warranty on the product
- Bosch’s confusing product model naming. The newer MGM8842GIN and the older MGM8842MIN have the exact same features, but the MGM8842MIN is cheaper
- Without proper evidence, the features such as the PoundingBlade design and active flow breaker look like mere marketing gimmicks
- The Bosch TrueMixx Pro MGM8842GIN 1000W is one of the noisiest mixies in the market. Its PoundingBlade design pounds the hard items making a ruckus when grinding
- Surprisingly for a German company, the overall build quality needs work
- At over ₹10,000, it is an expensive home appliance
The Bosch TrueMixx Pro MGM8842GIN 1000W is Bosch’s flagship mixer grinder for the Indian market. Bosch offers the TrueMixx Pro with 4 jars, a powerful 1000W motor, and an elegant design. Bosch TrueMixx Pro is a versatile mixie capable of taking care of your every need.
The biggest letdown is that the entire unit does not ‘feel’ premium or well put together. Several users have faced issues with quality. Also, the loud noise from its 1000W motor due to its PoundingBlade design is another issue that we did not like in the Bosch TrueMixx Pro mixie. It also lacks features like atta-kneading and vegetable cutter that you find in other similarly priced mixies.
Overall, the Bosch TrueMixx Pro is neither top of the line like the Hamilton Beach 58770-IN nor simple like the Preethi Popular 750W MG 142. We recommend the Bosch TrueMixx Pro MGM8842GIN 1000W for people keen on getting a 1000W powerful motor at a reasonable price. Anyone else is better off with an alternate.
What is the difference between the Bosch TrueMixx Pro MGM8842GIN and MGM8842MIN?
Thanks to Bosch’s confusing product model naming, an unhelpful website, and confusing pricing strategy, the difference between these models is not clear. We assume that the MGM8842MIN is the older outgoing model being replaced by the newer MGM8842GIN. Featurewise both the models are exactly the same. Unless Bosch clarifies we will never fully know the true difference.
An in-depth look at the features of the Bosch TrueMixx Pro mixer grinder
- Power and performance – The Bosch TrueMixx Pro 1000W comes with a powerful 1000W motor. This mixie has 3-speed levels that can grind coconut chutney, idli and dosa batter, dry-grind turmeric, and make lovely purees.
- Jars – The TrueMixx Pro 1000W mixie comes with 4 jars.
- Use the 1500ml main blender jar for dry grinding, wet grinding, blending, and whipping. This jar also has an active flow breaker that pushes the batter towards the blade for a finer batter.
- 1000ml fruit filter jar for making juices.
- Use the 1L multipurpose dry grinder for dry grinding.
- 400ml chutney jar that you can use the blender to make chutneys.
- Usage – The Bosch TrueMixx Pro 1000W is versatile. It is easy to use. The jars have a lid-lock that allows for hands-free use.
- Safety – Electrical safety and physical safety are vital aspects that one should never overlook when buying a mixer grinder. The Bosch TrueMixx Pro 1000W comes with a shockproof ABS body and an overload protector to prevent electrical shock.
- Blades – The TrueMixx Pro mixie comes with a PoundingBlade design. The blades have thick edges that pound the dry items similar to a traditional stone grinder. The downside is the loud noise it makes when grinding.
- Cleaning – All of the Bosch TrueMixx Pro jars are easy to clean. Watch out! The blades are sharp and can cause cuts if you are not careful while cleaning. The juicer extractor is slightly difficult to clean. You can remove the fruit filter from the jar for easier cleaning.
- Accessories – Bosch ships the Bosch TrueMixx Pro 1000W mixie with a Spatula, Blade coupler, and blade holder disk.
Specifications of Bosch TrueMixx Pro MGM8842GIN 1000W mixer grinder
|Dimensions||495 x 210 x 219 mm|
|Connection rating||1,000 W|
|Material of the body||Plastic|
|Number of speed settings||3-stage|
|Blade design||4-wing blade, Stainless steel|