Review of Sujata Powermatic Plus 900W mixer grinder (mixie) in India
Mixer grinders or mixies are one of the most common household items in India. The mixie replaces our traditional stone grinders and is indispensable to Indian cooking. Sujata is a popular Indian brand offering mixer grinders for a couple of decades. Lately, with international players entering the market, Sujata has found it a little tough. We urge our Indian readers to buy products made in India by Indian companies.
The Sujata Powermatic Plus performs several tasks: mixing, grinding, juice extraction, and coconut milk extraction. The Sujata Powermatic is a direct response to Preethi’s Zodiac 2.0 by Sujata.
If you are looking for a versatile India-made mixie, then the Sujata Powermatic is the right choice for your kitchen. The Powermatic comes with a powerful 900W motor capable of an impressive 22,000 RPM. This is the same motor that the Sujata Multimix also uses. It also includes 1 Juicer attachment, 1 Blender jar, and 1 Dry Grinder jar.
This mixie is a popular choice in juice parlors, hotels, and cafes. The Powermatic Plus is a reliable and a proven workhorse. It is capable of running non-stop for 90mins.
You can control the Sujata Powermatic by using its 3 Speed with Rotary action switch and whipper button. This mixie also comes with a 2.15m power chord. This length should be sufficient for most kitchens.
The overall build quality is robust and solid. The blades of the Sujata Powermatic Plus are 100% stainless steel. However, its body is made from ABS plastic.
We recommend reading our buyer’s guide to learn what to look for when buying a mixer grinder.
- 900W powerful motor that can do its job quickly and efficiently
- Capable of performing multiple tasks
- Powerful 22000RPM motor that can grind even the toughest ingredients
- Shockproof ABS body for a more durable and long-lasting performance
- 2-year warranty on the product
- Loud and noisy, can become unbearable when grinding hard items like pepper, turmeric, and urad dhal
- Average to poor customer service
- Overall build quality needs improvement
- At over ₹7500, it is an expensive home appliance
If you are looking for a versatile mixie capable of taking care of your every need, choose the Sujata Powermatic Plus 900W. The 900W motor is powerful enough to give you efficient mixing and grinding to even the toughest ingredients. This mixie is much more than a mixie. You can make juice, extract coconut milk for your curries, wet grind batter, dry grind masalas, and make mouth-watering chutneys.
The downsides are, the entire unit does not ‘feel’ premium or well put together, and the jars are not made from stainless steel. Loud noise from its 900W motor is another issue that we did not like in the Sujata Powermatic Plus mixie. It also lacks features like atta-kneading and vegetable cutter that you find in other similarly priced mixies.
Overall, it is a good choice for people looking to do multiple things with their mixie. If you are merely shopping for dry and wet grinding, you can choose a simpler model like the Preethi Popular 750W MG 142.
Video demo of Sujata Powermatic Plus
An in-depth look at the features of the Sujata Powermatic Plus mixer grinder
- Power and performance – Sujata Powermatic Plus 900W comes with a powerful 900W motor. Remember, choose a mixer with at least 750W power. This mixie has 3-speed levels that can grind coconut chutney, idli and dosa batter, dry-grind turmeric, and make lovely purees.
- Jars – The Sujata PowerMatic Plus mixie comes with 2 jars made from ABS plastic.
- Use the 1750ml main blender jar for dry grinding, wet grinding, blending, and whipping.
- Use the 1L multipurpose dry grinder for dry grinding.
- It does not come with a chutney jar. However, you can use the blender to make chutneys.
- Usage – The Sujata Powermatic Plus is versatile. It is easy to use and will serve your kitchen for several years to come.
- Safety – Electrical safety and physical safety are vital aspects that one should never overlook when buying a mixer grinder. The Sujata Powermatic Plus comes with a shockproof ABS body to prevent electrical shock. Unlike the Zodiac 2.0, this mixer grinder does not come with an overload protector.
- Blades – The Powermatic mixie comes with super sharp multi-functional blades. These razor-sharp blades provide fine grinding.
- Cleaning – All of the Sujata Powermatic Plus jars are easy to clean. Watch out! The blades are sharp and can cause cuts if you are not careful while cleaning. The juicer extractor is slightly difficult to clean.
- Accessories – Sujata ships the Powermatic Plus 900W mixie with a Spatula, Blade coupler, and blade holder disk.
Specifications of Sujata Powermatic Plus 900W mixer grinder
|Motor||Heavy duty, Universal type 900 Watts with double ball bearing.|
|Power Supply||230 to 240 Volts, AC 50-60 Hz.|
|Power Consumption||900 Watts on maximum load.|
|Speed Control||3 Speed with Rotary action switch.|
Whipper button for momentary motion.
|Motor Speed||No Load Speed maximum approx 22000 R.P.M.|
|Protection||Class I double insulated.|
|Flex Cord||P.V.C approx 2.15 meters usable with 5 Amp. 3 pin plug.|
|Net Weight with Carton||6.2 Kg. approx.|
|Dimensions(in CMS)||50 (L) * 27 (W) * 36 (H)|
|CAPACITY OF JARS|