- 1 Review of Singer 23-Litre Maxigrill Oven Toaster Griller
- 2 Singer 23-Litre Maxigrill – Product walkthrough video
- 3 Features of Singer 23-Litre Maxigrill
- 4 Review summary – Singer 23-Litre Maxigrill
- 5 Singer 23-Litre Maxigrill OTG – In the box
- 6 Conclusion
Review of Singer 23-Litre Maxigrill Oven Toaster Griller
- Capacity 70% 70%
- Features 70% 70%
- Accessories 40% 40%
Singer 23-Litre Maxigrill – Description
The Singer Maxigrill 23-liter is the best selling OTG from Singer. Singer sells Maxigrill in four different variants.
- Maxigrill 1000 (10-liter)
- Maxigrill 1600 (16-liter)
- Maxigrill 2300 (23-liter)
- Maxigrill 4000 (40-liter)
The 10-liter and 16-liter variants are basic with minimal features. The 23-liter and 40-liter variants come with identical features (only minor differences). Of the four OTGs, in our opinion, it is the 23-liter that strikes the right balance between features and price.
Maxigrill 2300 has all the features and functions to kick start your baking lessons. 23-liter capacity should give you enough room to experiment and learn. The convection functions will help you bake your cakes to brown and crispy perfection.
Due to its small size, you will soon find 23-liters to be too small after your initial learning period. While this is a good beginner OTG, it does not offer anything for seasoned home bakers.
We also found the build quality to be average. The thermostat and timer are not accurate, outer metal is thin and does not hold the temperature for long, and the knobs and controls break easily.
Singer 23-Litre Maxigrill – Product walkthrough video
Features of Singer 23-Litre Maxigrill
- Design and ease of use – The Maxigrill 23-liter OTG has a compact size. This OTG will fit snuggly in your kitchen counter-top. The door of this OTG opens wide, allowing easy access. From a design standpoint, the Maxigrill 23-liter checks all the boxes.
- Capacity – 23-liter capacity is right on edge. Once you master baking and grilling basics, you will soon find 23-liters to be too small. On the other hand, this is an excellent OTG for a beginner.
- Features – The Maxigrill 2300 comes with three knobs to control its functions. The power and timer knob has 0-60 mins settings. The OTG function knob has seven selection modes. You can use this knob to turn on convection, rotisserie, baking, grilling, control heating elements, etc.
- Build quality – We were disappointed with the MaxiGrill’s build quality. The outer steel is flimsy and can easily dent. Heat retention within the unit was also reduced, probably due to the poor construction quality. We also noticed that the door does not close properly; there are minor gaps between the body and door, allowing the heat to escape.
- Timer and thermostat – Timer and thermostat are the most vital components of an OTG. The Maxigrill’s timer loses its accuracy over time and repeated use. The thermostat, on the other hand, is off by 10 to 20 C. You will need to buy an external temperature gauge to ensure your cakes bake fully.
- Accessories – The list of accessories that come with the OTG is disappointing. There are no tongs, skewer rods, or a crumb tray. While this unit’s price is less, it will force you to buy other accessories, which will increase your total cost.
Review summary – Singer 23-Litre Maxigrill
- Excellent value for money
- Packs all the features that the big OTGs offer
- 23-liter capacity, convection & rotisserie features make it an ideal OTG for a small family
- Two heating elements, top, and bottom
- Build quality is average. The Singer Maxigrill is prone to damages during transit
- Thermostat and timers are not accurate
- Outer body heats up during use
Even though Singer is well known for their sewing machines, the Maxigrill does not disappoint. Maxigrill offers all the essential functions need for a home OTG at an attractive price point. The Maxigrill is an excellent choice for first-time home bakers. If you are a serious home baker, this OTG is not for you.
Singer 23-Litre Maxigrill OTG – In the box
The Singer MaxiGrill 2300 RC comes with the following items in the box.
- Baking Tray
- Wire Rack
- Instruction manual
- 2-year warranty
Singer 23-Litre Maxigrill OTG - Specifications
|Model ID||Singer MaxiGrill 2300|
|Temperature Control Range||100 – 250 Degree|
|Power Consumption||1500 W|
|Dimensions||49.5(L) x 39 (W) x 34 (H)cm|
The Singer Maxigrill 2300 RC is a good beginner OTG. If you are getting started with baking and not looking to shell out cash, this OTG will be a perfect choice. However, if you are looking for a long term solution for your baking needs, this is not the OTG.