- 1 Review of Bosch Serie 4 7KG front loading washing machine WAJ24262IN
- 2 Recommended washing machine reviews
- 3 An in-depth look at the features of the Bosch Serie 4 7KG front loading washing machine WAJ24262IN
- 4 Frequently asked questions
- 5 Specifications of Bosch Serie 4 7KG front loading washing machine WAJ24262IN
Review of Bosch Serie 4 7KG front loading washing machine WAJ24262IN
Bosch is a 100+-year-old German home appliances brand. Bosch also makes power tools for home and industrial use. Interestingly, Bosch entered India in 1922 in Calcutta. Bosch was formerly known as MICO limited through its acquisition of MICO. Only in 2008, MICO changed its name to Bosch Limited.
Today, Bosch operates in a wide range of industries, including automotive, health care, home appliance, packaging, energy, and building solutions. Bosch specializes in bringing German engineering into our homes through innovative consumer appliances.
The Bosch Serie 4 7KG WAJ24262IN front loading washing machine is the younger sibling of the Serie 4 WAJ2426SIN. Except for its minor difference in power consumption, all the other features are the same as its sibling.
It comes with Anti-tangle, EcoSilence Drive, SpeedPerfect, and an energy-efficient inverter motor. The WAJ24262IN 7KG washer also comes with a 2-year warranty on all parts plus a 10-year warranty on the inverter motor.
Read our in-depth review to see if the Bosch Serie 4 7KG front loading washing machine – WAJ24262IN is the right choice for your family. Our review of this Bosch washing machine also includes useful tips, FAQs, a buying guide, and many more.
- The WAJ24262IN 7KG front loading washing machine comes with a silent EcoSilence drive, SpeedPerfect, ActiveWater, and bacterial reduction tech.
- The WAJ24262IN’s Auto Restart option ensures that this washing machine restarts from where it stopped during power cuts.
- The Bosch WAJ24262IN washing machine has a 7KG load capacity, sufficient for a medium-sized family.
- It comes with 15 automatic wash programs and three additional options that can handle any laundry type.
- The new anti-tangle feature minimizes tangles in clothes up to 50%.
- Bosch’s after-sales & service is patchy. In some cities, the service quality is excellent, and in others, it is downright poor.
- Expensive and with far fewer features compared with Whirlpool’s 7212. We understand German engineering etc., but Bosch should drop their price considering their service quality.
- There are no Steam and WiFi options. The WAJ24262IN lacks features that you see in other 7KG front loading washing machines.
- This machine is not a washer dryer and will not dry your clothes 100%.
Bosch stands for quality and innovation. Expect no less from the WAJ24262IN. It is a durable machine with an exceptional build quality. This washing machine should work without issues for many years to come. With a 7KG wash capacity, EcoSilence drive, one of the best inverter motor, this Bosch washing machine makes washing clothes easy.
Watch out! This Bosch washer will not give you the best value for money. It lacks some of the features you get in lower-priced 7KG Whirlpool washers. Also, the after-sales service for a premium brand like Bosch is poor and unacceptable. Also, its features like anti-tangle and SpeedPerfect are not practical or useful.
Without features like Steam and WiFi connectivity, the Bosch WAJ24262IN disappoints. We urge our readers to carefully evaluate all their options and read our reviews of other washing machine brands before choosing this washer.
Recommended washing machine reviews
An in-depth look at the features of the Bosch Serie 4 7KG front loading washing machine WAJ24262IN
- Ease of use – This Bosch freestanding washing machine has 15 wash programs offering an excellent washing performance. The control dial is easy to use, with all the wash cycles easily accessible. Using this washer is similar to using an OTG or a dishwasher; it is simple.
- Digital display – This Serie 4 washer has an easy to use digital display. All the operations are clearly laid out.
- Washing Capacity 7KG – This fully automatic washing machine can handle a large load from a medium-sized family. With 15 wash programs, this front-loading washer can remove all stubborn stains.
- Efficiency – The Bosch Serie 4 7KG washer is efficient in washing clothes. It uses an EcoSlience drive inverter motor that is energy efficient, 5-star rated, and consumes less water.
- EcoSilence Drive – This Bosch’s motor has a friction-free design. This design ensures efficient operations and durability.
- Warranty – This Bosch washer comes with a two-year warranty on the entire product and a 10-year warranty on the inverter motor.
Wash programs of the Bosch Serie 4 7KG front loading washing machine WAJ24262IN
The following are the various wash programs of this Bosch washing machine. Remember, choose a washing machine that offers many options. Look for ones that give you control over tub spin speed and spin cycle, rinse options, pre-wash and turbo wash modes for handling stubborn stains, fault code display, washer dryer combo, etc.
- Cottons & Cottons 60 – This wash program is suitable for handling colored cotton garments. In this mode, the washer increases the water temperature up to 60C to remove tough stains. Cotton 60 is the economy cotton mode that completes in 60 mins. The washer uses a 1200RPM spin speed to wash clothes in this mode.
- Wool & Delicates/Silk – This wash program of the WAJ24262IN is suitable for washing causals and delicates. You can use the Wool wash mode for garments meant for hand wash in the label. The Delicates wash program will give you a gentle wash and remove solid and protein stains from a baby’s clothes by providing better rinse performance.
- Jeans & Sports – Use these modes for clothes that have heavy soil. This mode can take various types of laundry (except delicates like silk and wool). The Jeans wash mode is for heavy and rugged garments.
Synthetics – The Synthetic wash cycle is for washing synthetic material.
- Quick 15/30 – This wash program takes only 15/30 minutes and is suitable for washing lightly soiled laundry.
- Rinse – Use this wash mode for laundry that needs only rinsing. For best results, add fabric softener to the laundry.
- Kidswear– This wash program is for washing kidswear. The washer uses more water to remove detergent from the kid’s clothes.
- AllergyPlus – In this mode, the Bosch washer uses high temperature and multiple rinse cycles to remove pollens and other allergy material from your laundry.
Other features of the Bosch Serie 4 7KG front load washer WAJ24262IN
In addition to the wash programs, this Bosch washing machine also comes with the following useful features.
- Delay start function – Use the start delay function to set the expected start of the washing cycle. You can set a start delay from 1 hour to 24 hours.
- Childproof lock – For added safety, this washer comes with a Childproof lock feature. You can activate the key lock by pressing the Delay start and Spin Speed buttons for 3 seconds. When the child lock is on, all the control panel functions become inaccessible.
- ActiveWater – The Bosch WAJ24262IN washer has a special spin cycle to reduce water wastage. Using its sensor, this washer cuts off water intake if it senses only a half-load.
- Spin speed selection – This washer spins its drum with a top spin speed of 1200 RPM. Each wash program has a pre-defined spin speed. You can use the Spin button to change the spin speed in any wash program.
- Water Temperature selection – Depending on the wash program, you can select the desired water temperature for washing clothes. This washer uses an inbuilt heater to raise the water temperature for washing your laundry. You can select the water temperature up to 95 C.
- Starching – You can use this washer to starch your laundry. Use liquid starch in programs such as Rinse and Cotton.
- Dyeing – This five-star rated washing machine comes with a Dyeing option. You can apply the dye in small quantities in any wash program. Remember, Bosch does not recommend using this washer for bleaching.
- Anti-tangle – Press the anti-tangle button to reduce the tangling of your clothes. At fourbloggers.com feel that this is not a practical feature considering this machine is not a 100% dryer. You will anyway hang your clothes to dry.
- Water plus – Press the water plus button to increase the water intake inside the tub. This option is useful when you want to remove detergent altogether from your laundry.
- SpeedPerfect – Press the SpeedPerfect button to minimize the wash time. In this mode, the washer increases the spin speed to reduce the wash time. Watch out; this mode will consume more power.
- EcoPerfect – EcoPerfect ensures low power consumption and, at the same time, delivers excellent washing performance. This is yet another feature that isn’t practical.
Frequently asked questions
What is the difference between Bosch Serie 4 7KG front loading washing machines WAJ24262IN and WAK2426SIN?
All of Bosch’s Serie 4 7KG models have similar features and are closely related. Each of these washers only has minor differences. Even on Bosch’s website, these differences are unclear. For the benefit of our readers, we present the differences between Bosch WAK2426SIN and WAJ24262IN. You can also read our full reviews for each of these models.
|Warranty||10 years||10 years|
Please note this table lists only the differences between these models. Also, the price variance between these models is only a few hundred rupees.
Specifications of Bosch Serie 4 7KG front loading washing machine WAJ24262IN
|Washer Capacity||7 Kg|
|Washing Technology||Anti Tangle|
|Water Type||Hard and Soft Water|
|Washer & Dryer Drum Volume||58 Litres|
|Additional Washer & Dryer Features||99.99 Percent Bacterial Reduction, EcoSilence Drive, SpeedPerfect, ActiveWater, Delay Start, Finish In, Reload, Energy Consumption (kWh): 30C Delicates – 0.20 kWh, 30C Woollens – 0.17 kWh, 40C Colour – 1.01 kWh, 40C easy care – 0.79 kWh, 95C cotton – 1.90 kWh|
|Washer Dryer Features|
|No. of Wash Programs||15|
|Wash Programs||Cottons, Cottons 60˚ Label, Synthetics, Mix Load, Delicates/Silk, Wool, Drum Descale, Rinse, Spin/Drain, Sportswear, Jeans/Dark, Anti-Bacteria, Kidwear, Freshen-Up, Quick 15/30min|
|Water Temperature Range||Cold – 90 Degree Celsius|
|Noise Level (Spin/Wash/Dry)||Washing – 53 dB | Spinning – 73 dB|
|Maximum Spin Speed||1200 rpm|
|Additional Washer & Dryer Functions||Voltmonitor – monitors, regulates and feedback voltage fluctuations to manage unstable electrictal supply to protect the washing machine and ensure a smooth wash cycle, Multiple water protection with magnetic valve to minimise risk of leakage, Buzzer at the end of the wash programme, Moisture content % on dry load after max. spin: 50|
|Door Opening Angle||165 Degree|
|Tub Type||Vario Drum|
|Motor Type||EcoSilence Drive Friction-free Motor|
|Control Panel||Touch Controls Buttons|
|Other Body Features||AntiVibration Side Panels, Temperature, ecoPerfect/speedPerfect, Rinse Plus, Spin Speed Reduction|
|Voltage Rating||220 V|
|Cord Length||1.6 Meters|
|Energy Efficiency(Star Rating)||5 Star|
|Warranty Summary||3 Years Comprehensive Warranty and 10 Years on Motor from Bosch|
|Warranty Service Type||On-site|