- 1 Review of Whirlpool Fresh Care 8/6KG washer dryer combo machine
- 2 Recommended washing machine reviews
- 3 An in-depth look at the features of the Whirlpool 8/6KG front loading Fresh Care washer dryer combo
- 4 Frequently asked questions
- 5 Specifications of Whirlpool FreshCare 8/6KG front loading washer dryer combo
Review of Whirlpool Fresh Care 8/6KG washer dryer combo machine
Whirlpool is a hundred-year-old, multi-national US corporation. Whirlpool began its India operation in the late 1980s through a JV with the TVS group. Since the early days, WhirlpoolIndia has become a significant player in the Indian consumer market.
Being one of India’s first washing machine manufacturers, Whirlpool is famous for its range of top-loading washing machines. Whirlpool is known for its cost-effective and durable home appliances.
This washer dryer combo comes with SteamCare, 99% drying, 6th Sense SoftMove technology, and an energy-efficient Intellisense inverter motor. The 8/6KG washer dryer combo also comes with a 10-year warranty comprehensive warranty. This washer dryer is the only one in India with a 10-year warranty on the motor and the machine.
Read our in-depth review to see if the Whirlpool 8/6KG front loading FreshCare washer dryer machine is the right choice for your family. Our review of this Whirlpool washing machine also includes useful tips, FAQs, a buying guide, and many more.
- Excellent washing and drying performance. Wash, dry, and wear in 45 mins.
- 10-years of comprehensive warranty on the entire machine.
- Has three levels of drying, wardrobe dry (99% dry), hanger dry (80% dry), and Iron dry (75% dry).
- It also has a dry-only option, handy during the monsoon season.
- The Auto Restart option ensures that this washing machine restarts from where it stopped during power cuts.
- This Whirlpool washer dryer combo has an attractive price tag when compared with LG or Samsung washer dryer.
- This front-loading washer comes with an Intellisense inverter motor, A+++ energy rating by European Union directive, excellent washing performance, 99% dry, big digital display, inbuilt heater, stainless steel drum, and several wash programs.
- The Whirlpool washer dryer has an 8KG wash capacity and 6KG dry capacity, sufficient for a large-sized family.
- It comes with 14 automatic wash programs and three additional options that can handle any laundry type.
- Whirlpool’s after-sales & service is ok.
- There is no WiFi or self-clean, or smart diagnosis options.
In our opinion, this Whirlpool 8/6KG washer dryer combo is a good value-for-money machine with sufficient capacity for a large-sized family. It offers three dry options and 14 wash programs, making it one of the best washer dryers available in India.
With an 8/6KG wash capacity, SteamCare, one of the best inverter motor, this Whirlpool washing machine makes washing and drying clothes easy and cost-effective. Don’t expect fancy features like WiFi, self-clean, and smart diagnosis.
In short, this washer dryer combo does its job well and has the options you need to wash your clothes. It misses out on high-end features like WiFi and remote start.
Recommended washing machine reviews
An in-depth look at the features of the Whirlpool 8/6KG front loading Fresh Care washer dryer combo
- Ease of use – This Whirpool freestanding washing machine has 14 wash programs and three drying levels, offering an excellent washing performance. The control dial is easy to use, with all the wash cycles easily accessible. Using this washer is similar to using an OTG or a dishwasher; it is simple.
- Digital display – This washer has an easy to use large digital display. All the operations are clearly laid out.
- Washing Capacity 8KG – This fully automatic washing machine can handle a large load from a large-sized family. With advanced features and SteamCare, this front-loading washer can remove all stubborn stains.
- 6KG drying capacity – This washer dryer combo gives you 6KG of drying capacity. You can choose one of the three drying levels depending on your needs. It also has a dry only option.
- Efficiency – The Whirlpool washer dryer combo is efficient in washing and drying clothes. It uses an Intellisense inverter motor that is energy efficient, A+++ rated, and consumes less water.
- Whirlpool 6th Sense SoftMove – This Whirlpool washer uses advanced 6th Sense SoftMove tech that senses the load and adjusts the drum’s speed. The six moves are an energic wash, power shower, color bath, wave motion, slow motion, and soft cradle.
- Warranty – This Whirlpool washer dryer comes with a 10-year warranty on the entire product. This is the only washer dryer in India that comes with such an excellent warranty.
Wash programs of the Whirlpool Fresh Care 8/6KG front loading washer dryer combo
The following are the various wash programs of this Whirlpool washing machine. Remember, choose a washing machine that offers many options. Look for ones that give you control over tub spin speed and spin cycle, rinse options, pre-wash and turbo wash modes for handling stubborn stains, fault code display, washer dryer combo, etc.
- Cotton & e-Cotton – This wash program is suitable for handling colored cotton garments. In this mode, the washer increases the water temperature up to 60 C to remove tough stains. e-Cotton is the economy cotton mode (‘e’ stands for eco) and consumes less power. The washer uses a 1400RPM spin speed to wash clothes in this mode.
- Wool & Delicates – This wash program is suitable for handling causals made from Polyamide, acrylic, and polyester. You can use the Wool wash mode for garments meant for hand wash in the label. The Delicates wash program will give you a gentle wash and remove solid and protein stains from a baby’s clothes by providing better rinse performance.
- Mixed & Jeans & Sports – These wash programs will be the ones you will use the most. It can take various types of laundry (except delicates like silk and wool). The Jeans wash mode is for heavy and rugged garments.
- Duvet – The Duvet wash cycle is for washing eiderdown padded items such as double or single duvets, cushions, and anoraks.
- Rapid 30 – This wash program takes only 30 minutes and is suitable for washing lightly soiled laundry.
- Rinse & Spin – Use this wash mode for laundry that needs only rinsing. For best results, add fabric softener to the laundry.
- White – This wash program is for washing normal to heavily soiled towels, underwear, table and bed linen, etc. Increase the temperature to 90 C for best results.
- Colour 15 – In this mode, the Whirlpool washer uses cold water (15 C) to prevent colors from fading. Remember, this wash mode can handle only lightly soiled garments.
Other features of the Whirlpool Fresh Care 8/6KG front load washer
In addition to the wash programs, this Whirlpool washing machine also comes with the following useful features.
- Three levels of drying – You can choose any one of the three levels for drying. It has a wardrobe dry, which gives you a 99% dry option. Use the Iron dry to get damp clothes ready for your iron table, and the hanger dry to get clothes ready for your hanger. Practical and useful options in a washer dryer.
- Start delay function – Use the start delay function to set the expected start of the washing cycle. You can set a start delay from 1 hour to 24 hours.
- Key Lock – For added safety, this washer comes with a key lock feature. You can activate the key lock by pressing the Key Lock button for 3 seconds. When the child lock is on, all the control panel functions become inaccessible.
- FreshCare+ – The Whirlpool washer dryer has a special spin cycle to enhance the washing performance using steam. Steam removes bad odor, optimizes cleaning, and kills all the pathogens. After the steam phase, the washer performs gentle tumbling through slow RPM. Open the door 5 mins after the steam phase completes to prevent steam burns.
- Spin speed selection – This washer spins its turbo drum with a top spin speed of 1600 RPM. Each wash program has a pre-defined spin speed. You can use the Spin button to change the spin speed in any wash program.
- Water Temperature selection – Depending on the wash program, you can select the desired water temperature for washing clothes. This washer uses an inbuilt heater to raise the water temperature for washing your laundry. You can select the water temperature up to 95 C.
- Bleaching – This five-star rated washing machine comes with a bleaching option. Start the machine and wait to complete the first water filling cycle (approx 2 mins). Pause the washer by pressing the “Start/Pause” button and pour the bleach into the detergent drawer. Restart the cycle by pressing the Start/Pause button.
Frequently asked questions
What is the difference between Whirlpool FreshCare 8/6KG front loading washer dryer and 8212 washing machine?
Whirlpool’s FreshCare models have similar features and are closely related. Each of these washers only has minor differences. Even on Whirlpool’s website, these differences are not clear. We present the differences between Whirlpool’s 8212 and the 8/6KG washer dryer for our readers’ benefit. You can also read our full reviews for each of these models.
|Type||Washer dryer combo||Washing machine|
|Warranty||10 years||10 years|
Please note this table lists only the differences between these models.
Specifications of Whirlpool FreshCare 8/6KG front loading washer dryer combo
|Display Type||Big Digital Display|
|Warranty||10 Years (Motor/Machine/Other parts)|
|Features||STEAMCARE+ TECHNOLOGY,6TH SENSE SOFTMOVE TECHNOLOGY,FRESHCARE+ TECHNOLOGY,UP TO 99%* DRYING,FOUR LEVELS OF DRYING,DRY ONLY OPTION,HYGENIC DRYING,INTELLISENSE INVERTER MOTOR,COLOR 15,RAPID 30,A RATING,Inverter,Wash Dry Wear in 45 Mins, 3 levels of drying|
|Additional Features||Wash & Dry 45′, Wash & Dry 60′, FreshCare, Colours 15°, Intensive Rinse|
|Dry Capacity||6 KG|
|Dry Features||99% drying, 4 levels of drying, Independent dry option|
|Programs||Color 15, Rapid 30, Mixed, Cotton, Synthetic, Sport, White, E Cotton, Delicates, Wool, Rinse & Spin, Spin & Drain|
|Display Drying Levels||Cupboard Extra Dry*, Cupboard Dry, hanger Dry, Iron Dry|
|Door diameter||340 mm|
|Console UI||BIG DIGIT|
|WEIGHT / DIMENSIONS|
|Claimed Capacity (Kg)||8 Kg|
|Cabinet Height (cm)||85|
|Cabinet Width (cm)||59.5|
|Cabinet Depth (cm)||60.5|
|Usable Volume – Cu. Ft.||53|
|Technology -BPM, PSC, CIM, Universal||CIM|
|Spin Speed (rpm)||1400 RPM|
|Drive System||Belt Driven|
|Soil Removal SR% / Standard Deviation||1,030 / 0,006|
|Water Consumption (L)||61|
|Energy efficiency Index (kWh/Kg)||0.68|
|Energy efficiency class declared||A|
|Energy consumption declared (kWh)||5.44|
|Noise level spinning dBA||81db|
|Noise level washing dBA||55db|
|Noise level drying dBA||61db|
|Packaged Ship Weight (Kg)||66|
|Warranty||10 Years (Motor/Machine/Other parts)|